1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUNS CLUBS SHOULD CONSIDER DOING THIS!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    Most of my friends are in the shooting sports. I don't hang around with anyone that i don't trust or personally like. I HATE HIRING SOMEONE FOR WORK THAT I NEED DONE, IF I DON'T KNOW THE PERSON! what do you think of local gun clubs asking members what line of work they are in, and giving copies to all members. i would certainly trust a fellow shooter over someone that i would have to take a chance on in the yellow pages or newspaper. Most gun clubs that need work done at the club, always seem to know who does what, and they hire them for work to be done for the club. it would be nice for all members to hire someone at the club. I am sure that this is not a new idea, but it could really help fellow members, especially with most people on computers now a days. what do you think?
    steve balistreri

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

the literalist:
    what happens if you need a plumber and the club isn't open? it would be nice to have a booklet of some kind that says joe blow is a plumber his hp# is????
    thanks for responsing to my thread.
    steve balistreri

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Maybe members don't want people to know what they do. To many people are looking for freebies. advice or otherwise. Put up a bulleting board and let people put their names on it if they want.

Don

4. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

I have made a suggestion to my club's board that we compile such a list. One an internal one for the reasons Steve has mentioned another one for a public relations handout with only the trades/occupations of our club members. That would be to show people the background/occupation of our club members. We are located just a mile or so from the village limits and we are in the process of inviting town council and maybe local law enforcement out for a fun shoot. Trap and maybe some shooting on the outdoor range. A PR event. Bill

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've been working on a Membership Directory, but the club leadership is concerned about publishing a list of the Club members and it falling into the "wrong" hands.

I don't know that I see that as a real problem, but I do what I'm told,

Jay

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hmmm, the way some of these guys sandbag and gripe would you want them doing a job for you?

7. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Good way to make a few enemies at the club or else alienate yourself because a "good ole boy" screwed up a job for you and you got peeoed at him. You are literally an outcast. Just another side to look at.

8. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Hey!!! Easy now, I just happen to be a plumber,New construction would be OK but Remodel is out!!I will help out and spray weeds and other duties but it seems that every club I visit wants to remodel the restroom.I think most of you know how dirty and nasty that job can be.Now if the club that I belong to finds out what my trade is they may want to take advantage of it.If they needed a superviser to guide someone else that would be OK but I would rather do something else to help out around the club. PJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.