1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

guns at grand

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jdr563, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdr563

jdr563 TS Member

0   0   0

i am going to grand this weekend. ihave never been. looking to buy an ou shotgun. are there good deals? where should i look?

jeff

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

Best time to buy a gun at a shoot would be the last day...not at the beginning!

It's also fiscally irresponsible to spend an extra 7% in state taxes.

Curt

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

grnberetcj

"Best time to buy a gun at a shoot would be the last day...not at the beginning!"

Sorry Curt I disagree if you wait until the end you get what is left over. If you buy in the beginning you get to look at all the guns. even the one that are in the best condition.

Bob Lawless

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

You will never see a more wide variety of trap guns in your life. Bring your money and have a ball. The hardest thing will be how to decide which one (or two) to get.

Guy Babin

5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

There was a seller at the Cardinal Center for the Ohio State shoot that had a bunch of guns. He had a Forest Green Browing Double Automatic for sale and I pondered about it one Wednesday and planned to go back Saturday. I had to work and didn't get back and did not get the seller's contact info. He was towards the east end of the vendor row and east of the new bunker trap. If anybody sees a seller with this gun I would appriciate a heads up. When it comes to gun buying there is no time like the present.

Doug Allison

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sorry Curt - the best time to buy is not on the last day of the Grand.

Sorry Bob Lawless - the best time to buy is not at the beginning of the Grand.

No ... the best time to buy is in the middle of the Grand.

NO----Actually fellas the best time to buy is the day before the Grand when the vendors are setting up and you can save them time by not having to display the gun you buy. HEHEHEHE

Matt

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The best time to buy it is after you shoot it, so you can see if you can hit anything with it, and that it is user friendly. HMB

8. RAScott

RAScott Member

0   0   0

Start looking at the beginning, think about it, shootem all if you can, Think about it some more, get totally confused, and have a blast.

I went with a new gun to have a pad installed and came home with a new gun.

Bob S

9. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

0   0   0

The best time to buy is when she lets you

10. Mike

Mike Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Isn't there a extra law or two involved in buying a gun in Illinois? Mil

11. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

The law in Illinois states that there is a 24 hour waiting period on a long gun purchase, and a 72 hour wait on a handgun purchase. I am not sure how this relates to an out of state purchaser.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The 7% tax would deter me when I can buy on the net without it. I went to the grand at Vandalia for many years and bought tons of gun no tax

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Cuban, could you repeat that again, only a little closer to the microphone???

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I'd start looking the minute I arrived. There are many nice trade-ins available at the end of the Grand also. There'll be so much to look at you won't be able to get the smile off your face for a week after you get home.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.