1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns and Shotshells used at Sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GR8Guns, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

I started shooting Trap 2 years ago but have yet to shoot any registered ATA Trap targets.

Drove down to Sparta last week for the day. Spent most of my time just simply walking around and looking at all the latest and greatest in guns, equipment, and services to include watching folks turning targets inside out.

My question is this, does anyone know if the ATA or anyone for that matter track or collect any data on the types of Guns and Shot shells used for all of the categories and events at this year’s Grand?

It would be interesting to see what Guns and Shot shells were used this year and the percentages of each by category and event e.g. Men, Ladies, and Jrs for 16s, Caps and Doubles.

Bruce Elliott

Iowa

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Bruce -

When you pick up a trophy at the Grand the card you sign to ackowledge receipt asks what type of ammo and firearm you used. Used to be that there was a breakdown in the Shotgun Sports magazine, but I don't get that mag anymore so I don't know if they still publish it. Not sure if it's published anywhere, but the info is collected.

Scott

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe said data is available, but only from winners. Maybe that's what matters. :)

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They didn't ask me but I will tell you. Krieghoff K80 special for 16's and doubles, Alfermann for caps. Nitro 27 for caps and reloads for 16 and dbls.

Don

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

FYI.. They didn't ask me either lol, but, Perazzi MX-15 for 16's and caps, MX-8 o/u bbl for doubles. Federal Paper handicap 7 1/2's for caps, STS light 8's for singles. low recoil STS 1 1/8 8's and STS 3d 7 1/2's for doubles....

6. scott calhoun

Don -

I only know because I had to fill out one of the cards! :)

Scott

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know about the questions they ask when you win at the Grand. In fact i shot so sh!$y i'm surprised they didn't ask what i was using so nobody else would make that mistake.LOL--Matt

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Scott I wasn't aware that I was aquainted with a winner. Many congratulations.

Don

9. scott calhoun

Don -

Prelim Friday doubles, tied for high in A class. Folded like a cheap tent in a windstorm in the carry over on Sunday, but managed to hang on for 3rd.

Scott

10. DONNE

DONNE Member

In past years gun and shell vendors would walk the line with pad and pencil collecting that exact data. They would wait for a squad to finish shooting and check the guns in the rack and watch you dump your shells in your bag. I know this because I asked them what the H*!! they were doing. They were very polite and showed me the form they had. One guy was from Remington and the other was from Beretta. That was a few years ago.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. A perazzi shooter was winner.. and runner up in the $100,000 purse.. Lookws to me to be a MX2000 unsingle and a older MX8 top single.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.