1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns and Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EE, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I would buy the gun without the ammo and shoot my own. And I would not take reloads from anyone who I didn't know and trust. Marking components on the box doesn't mean that's what's in every shell.

YMMV.

EE

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

EE and Barfin are Both correct.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As vaule packs are going for $23.95 in the local walmart, and I have seen them on sale for $22.95, nothing gained...

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would consider a BT-99 for $1250 with 10 flats of new AA shells as part of the deal. If I happen to come across such a deal, I will also have a BT-99 for sale cheap.

Pat Ireland

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Also, be aware of the fact that it is illegal to ship ammo along with the firearm; it must be shipped seperately. Empty hulls should be ok, though...

6. EE

EE Banned User Banned

No. You might end up with a bunch of home-brewed Redco, or worse.

7. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

The only way it would have any impact for me would be if it were something unusual. As an example, I've got a Winchester 1892 in .32-20 to sell, and I'm including a bunch of ammo, brass, dies and bullets - because I've got no use for them without the rifle. But a lot of people wouldn't be already set up in .32-20.

There was a place in Colorado Springs a number of years ago with two very nice Italian SXS's, one in 24 gauge and one in 32 gauge. Both came with a whopping 1 box of shells.

And dammit, there's a part of me that still wishes I had gotten the 24!

Especially since that was when Ballistic Products was selling tooling for the P-W 375 to load 24 gauge.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.