1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Guns America sellers WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fast Oil, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

As an FFL listed on Guns America, I have been swamped by phone calls and e-mails for the past 2 days. A scam artist has been contacting sellers and offering to purchase. They are using us as a referance for transfer. The quirk is that the person is supposedly in Lincoln OR, give a non working phone with a Texas area code and referance us in NC.

Anyone selling on GA BE AWARE!! Make sure you know who you are dealing with.

The bottom line is this is the old Western Union MO scam of more than your selling price and return the differance.

Scott

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I received an e-mail about a gun being legal to do a transfer on. It was a Mauser GEW 8mm. Told the person it was legal to tramsfer then he said he was in Iraq right now and I would have to hold it for him of transfer it to his Father for him when it arrived. I replied I would NOT transfer it to his Father if he purchased it. Have not heard back from him. I thougth it was a little fishy

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have received numerous offers like these via GA and Gun Broker.com. I always forward the email to my ATF Rep. Agent and I have heard that sometimes the ATF ask the FFL Holder to participate in a sting to catch these people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

guns america fraud warning