1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

guns allowed?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackaroo, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackaroo

jackaroo TS Member

just wondering if we are allowed to take our guns into hotel rooms if they are in takedown cases or is there a law against this? dont really like leaving them in car but do not want to risk getting into trouble either. thank you

2. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

Damn I hope so...I've never left one in the truck yet!

Jed

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Jackaroo, This jakearoo would not leave a gun in a car on a bet. Jake

4. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I never leave a gun in the car. Period. Taking them into lodging has never been a problem for me. If the hotel/motel had a policy against firearms, I would either ignore them or, find another place to spend my money.

Shawn

5. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Reminds me of a story,

Wifes business paid for a "Lecture/Convention Trip" to Austin a few years back and she convinced me to make the trip, keep her company and we could shoot while there.

This was in a swanky motel, when I got there and checked in I had one hard case and my Super in a slip, they never said a word but when I got on the elevator, there were two business types in there, one a woman.

Both gave me a go-to-hell look and kept looking down at the gun cases, the woman clearing her voice, I finally reached down and patted the Super on the side and said "never leave home without her"!

HARUMPHHHHHH!!! She started pushing buttons on the elevator and got it to stop on the next floor, you could hear the spandex a twistin as she shuffled out the door. She turned around and gave me another one of those looks and I just smiled, winked, and told her what room I was in if she was interested.

Gotta luv those libs! Not!

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Lets put it this way. SHUT THE HELL UP. DON"T ASK DON"T TELL. Do what is best for you and you only. If the hotel does not like it just find some other place to stay and make sure you get your money back from the hotel. With that much of money lost they will leave you alone.

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I had this experience at the SW Grand this year in San Antonio.

I go for the whole week, and my wife flies down later in the week for 3-4 days of vacation. She just likes to hang out at the pool and she has a sister a couple hours away that usually drives in for a visit.

For the first four nights I stayed at my regular place, a Quality Inn. Always take the guns in. The day my wife arrived we moved just up the road to the Hyatt Regency Hill Country for the last four nights. I took my gun into the room there also, a Kolar in an Americase.

On the second day at the Hyatt I was driving back from the range and called my wife, we decided she would meet me at the front of the hotel and we'd go directly to dinner. Right before I got there she called me and told me to be careful when I try to come in with my gun. She said a guy pulled up to check-in and when the bellman was putting his luggage on the cart the guy had a gun (not sure what kind) in a long-case (i.e. not broken down). She said they told him he could not take it to the room and he would have to leave it with the bell desk.

I have no idea if this was hotel policy or some Texas law (I suppose it's the former), but when I arrived I walked right in with my Americase. I also don't have any idea if the guy actually had to do that or not or what the outcome was.

However, as I was checking out on Sunday I realized I still had five shells in my pocket (I had shot the morning doubles and always carry extra shells in my pocket). On my way out I walked up to one of the bellman and asked him if he would like to have them. He took them with no problem, told me he could use them.

Scott

8. ajc

ajc Member

Leave my guns in the truck? Not a chance. They stay with me. I don't flaunt them, but I just mind my own business and bring them into my room. Most people don't know what the heck it is anyway. I could be a traveling salesmen and my Warwick is just a tradeshow prop. It's the twelve flats of shells and hulls I find hard to carry back and forth. (OK, I'm kidding about the shells and hulls)

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

12 flats of shells?

With current pricing they could be worth more than the guns ... hmmm ... what kind of car do you drive sir?

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've taken my Krieghoff Americase (says Kreighoff right on it, with a Kreighoff right in it) into a restaurant while I was eating. I had no problems.

I take my gun into every hotel/motel where I've stayed, even swank hotels. I've never had a problem.

11. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I've stayed at Motels in Canada and up and down the east coast without problems.

I've had as many as four gun cases on the cart when passing the desk and the desk person could care less.

You be surprised on the number of non-shooters when in the elevator ask what instrument do you play? Mistaken the gun case for an instrument case.

12. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Always take them in!! Even if you are going to eat!!! Especially in San Antonio, it seems like there is a group who looks for shooters and there goes your baby.

Scott,

In Texas there is no law against taking them into your hotel room, only hotel policy. The Clinton line works the best, don't ask - don't tell!!

Jack Burch

13. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I sometimes get the same thing: "Are you a musician?"

I just smile and say, "Yep, I dabble."

14. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Why should you tell hotel management that you have a gun?

Berettaman7

15. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

16. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The time or two I was asked what a Krieghoff was, I casually mentioned that it was a keyboard. I have a case with Briley logo that also contains a "keyboard". LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.