1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunparts on Ebay

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coconutjoy, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coconutjoy

coconutjoy Member

Have not been on eBay for Months but noticed the other day alot of Gunparts,especially Barrels.Can anyone give me a quick update on Ebays current policy regarding there items.

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well Ebay may not allow guns I think they were hurt a tiny bit by loss of revenue. By them refuseing to sell GUN and GUN STUFF caused AUCTION ARMS and GUN BROKER now they may want something back. Its all about trying to please the public, and not take money losses. I dont think Ebay will ever allow GUN sales but may keep with parts.

Jerry Lewis

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Ebay has banded most and alot of gun parts because of the little shit at Va Tech, Va. He is the one that shot 32 people. He bought a belly pack and some handgun mags. Because of that Ebays has taken about 99% of gun parts off their site. All because of one person.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing. I believe ebay did a quiet, unannounced rollback of the policies which banned these items. I didn't receive any sort of TOS modification notice.

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I will avoid E Bay at all costs they are greedy and force you into pay pal which they own also why payn them a percentage when they are anti gun at heart.

6. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Do you think Ebay also owns Gunbroker????

7. skeet_man

12% off the top is what I calculated today b/w ebay fees and paypal fees. Pretty steep, but people go INSANE on stuff sometimes on ebay, to the point where you'll get many times the price that you'll get on a private sale, so it can be worth it...

8. skeet_man

Arvo11- No.

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

E-Bay does NOT own Gunbroker.com.

SW

10. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Actual firearms can't be listed on eBay. However, many parts and accessories for firearms are OK to sell, but only under certain conditions.

The following gun parts and accessories are allowed on the eBay US site only. The seller must be in the US and offer domestic shipping only:

En bloc clips

Barrels

Bolts

Choke tubes

Cylinders

Firing pins

Hammers

Magazines with a capacity to accept 10 rounds or less (high-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed)

Slides

Trigger assemblies

NOT ALLOWED .....................

Firearms regardless of their ability to fire, how old they are, or their status as collectibles

Firearm frames, including grip frames

Firearm kits that are used to create a firearm

Firearm receivers, including parts, upper or lower, cut, or 80 percent receivers

Flash suppressors

High-capacity magazines with a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds—or magazine extenders

Pneumatic spear guns

Powerheads, stick guns, or their equivalents because they work like firearms

Sears

Silencers

Starter pistols or blank guns, regardless of their markings

Zip guns

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

They pulled my Perazzi trigger assembly I tried to last about a year or so ago.

WW

12. skeet_man

Whiz- I believe the change has been made within the last month. I only dug deeper after I saw a bunch of barrels and chokes listed and run to completion (which normally get pulled after a day or so).

There's a ton of barrels, chokes, triggers, and other assorted parts up now, as former sellers filter back in.

I'll probably still stick with Gunbroker for most of my stuff though, their fees are much lower, and you can accept any form of payment you desire.

13. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I just noticed a 28" barrel for a Winchester Model 1300 for sale on Ebay. The current bid was $178.

I think I'm going to take the barrels off my 1300's and sell them.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I was on Ebay last night and noticed a hell of alot more then last year. There were alot of barrels and other gun parts. I for one was surprised. Ebay must have looked at the numbers and said we are loosing alot of money by not selling some gun parts.

If you are selling something and recieving money through PP you will be charged 12% or more. If your a buyer you just make payment and thats it. But yes they are getting very greedy.

15. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I have been selling alot of new rifle barrels on GB and after Ebay changed their policy back about a month ago tried a few there. I have kept records on the sale prices and Ebays are at least 30% higher. I hate their stupid pay policy but can't argue with the extra money. I will continue to use both.
    Carey

16. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

There has definitely been a recent increase in gun parts on Ebay. I just bought a 682 Trap stock and fore end. I just wish the seller would get on the ball and send me an invoice. He asked me to wait and let him calculate the shipping before I pay him. Two days and no response from him so far. Go figure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.