1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUNPAL???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by noknock1, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

O.K., got busted by the turds at paypal for payment on an item prohibited by their policy. Had to "electronically" sign a statement saying I won't be bad any more...

What is the deal with gunpal? Did they go out of business? Any other electronic alternatives?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Stay far away from Gunpal, nothing but horror stories on the internet about them. USPS money order is the safest way to fly, but even those you need to be careful with.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what precipitated you getting busted?

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I believe that paypal is actively scanning Gunbroker auctions because I received payment and in the paypal description there was nothing about firearm related parts, etc. Just GOODS. I think paypal is looking at gunbroker auctions that offer paypal as a form of payment. Paypal then sees how much the total would be and when the gun auction ends.

My guess is that then they plug that dollar amount and search in their system to look for a transfer of money matching that amount within a few hours of the auction ending. I think the guys that pay instantly at the conclusion of the auction are the ones getting caught because paypal has the end time of the auction and then within an hour they can see that exact amount. That and they probably also log into paypal and get the sellers name which then makes it an absolute no brainer.

Plenty of buyers want to take 3-5 days off of shipping time while waiting for a USPS money order to show up snail mail. I am looking for an easy way to electronically transfer money that everyone can use with minimal hassle.

Here is part of the email I received from paypal a month ago.

<i>
    After a recent review of your account activity, it has been determined that
    you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales
    / offers of high capacity magazines on gunbroker.com, user ID: XXX.

In order to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy and avoid the limitation
    of your account, you will need to:
    - Submit the online Acceptable Use Policy affidavit...</i>

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

noknock1,

Since just about everyone is using "online banking" to pay bills nowadays, what is wrong with that. I have done it and it seems to be as fast as paypal ever was. I just go to my online bank and type in a one time payment and WALA, the bank sends a check. The bank will not send a check with insufficient funds. JMHO

Chuck

5. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Sometimes you are in trouble using on line banking. Too much info going out.

With something like Paypal you are only doing one deal.

Careful out there.

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

The way I understand it is if the buyer goes to the bank to send me cash, the bank cuts an actual check which is snail mailed which would take the same time as a mailing a USPS money order, maybe longer depending on how long it takes the bank to actually get the check into the mail stream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.