1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunner's 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by turmite, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmite

turmite Member

My first post on TS was to ask advice for my grandson who had just started shooting and was having trouble hitting anything other than straight aways! As usual, the advice was varied. I also ask about getting the correct pattern through changing the stock. Again, good advice. The best thing we did though, was to go out with a real trap shooter who worked with my grandson, did the pattern, and suggested changes.

Here is the result on the stock. LOP is so short, I had to cut a pocket in the butt pad to clear part of the corner of the stock nut.

<a href="http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q188/turmite/?action=view&current=air003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

When I finally got the stock final shaped, my grandson hit 20/25 on his 6th or 7th practice session. Needless to say I was thrilled.

Mike

2. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

Sweet looking gun! Glad you got it fit to him and he's breaking birds.

Allan

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Very good job Mike!!! Bet he's thrilled with that gun? Hap

4. turmite

turmite Member

Thanks guys,

Yep he is happy. I make stocks for a living, though not many shotgun stocks. I tried to get him to let me make him a nice wood stock, or at least natural wood, but nope, he wanted purple flames. He is 12, and school colors are big to him, so.....purple flames. When his season is over in July, I intend to do another stock for him that will probably look a little more conventional with adjustable comb and butt. I will try again for the wood, but I suspect he will still want it painted.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.