1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunless in Seattle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pjh, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjh

pjh Member

I need a little help. I have a set of barrels and a forend for a remington 3200 at a shop in Seattle Wa. They have been there since last August. They were due back to me August 15th. Anyone in the area that thinks they be able to help me at least aknowledge that the shop has them and / or has actually worked on them.. I have called the shop and am always been told that they will ship next Tuesday. Short of flying out there I dont know what to do besides declare them stolen and involve the police. Any thoughts? Any help? Thanks Peter Hamann

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Let me guess ( Baker Sports?)

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Wish you would have posted earlier as I was in Seattle last week.

4. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Crap. Well, this just confirms what I have suspected. Bill has a $500 deposit of mine, on an unsingle barrel for my 3200. Sent it to him in December. Of 2005. The barrel was supposed to be part of a batch he was making, "should be finished in a few months." I finally wrote him in December of 2008 saying enough is enough, send my money back, remove me from the waiting list. The silence has been deafening. Of course, all along the way, it was "a couple of months" and they would be ready. What a shame, that his grandfather's good business and reputation should go down the crapper the way it is. I kinda think I'm out my deposit, but at least I didn't pay for the whole thing up front - that would be gone too!

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Must be in training to go to Washington D.C.

HM

6. cubancigar2000

I don't know what is going on with Bill but he got a lot of training from his grandfather Stan Baker. He was famous for a long long wait with little response however he did eventually ship things out and his work was incredible. I suspect Bill is overwhelmed but in these times he may well be insolvent like a lot of other business's

7. cubancigar2000

Vern, I had Moneymaker make me a high rib 303 barrel and it was an oustanding job with good turn around time

8. cubancigar2000

It is a permanent itch ya know? We all seem to have it

9. pjh

pjh Member

Talked to the shop today. barrels are expected to ship today or Thursday.... But I've been down that road before. One gentelman said he would stop out to the shopand check it out. Thanks for the help. I will keep you all posted. Thanks Peter

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

BTW, the BATF is enforcing some stricter laws. I left a gun on consignment sale at a gunclub. Gunclub told me that if they don't sell the gun, they need to run a DROS (Dealer Record of Sale, maybe only a Calif. thing) before they can legally release the gun back to me.

So..thinking along the lines of the more and more paperwork, perhaps the BATF would take exception to somebody not clarifying the status and location of your gun?

11. pjh

pjh Member

nothing yet.. anyone have a loner I can use for the summer..

12. pjh

pjh Member

I contacted the ATF, Attorney General, small claims of King County, my lawyer and insurance co. I purchased another gun because I don't know if I will see my stuff again. Boy what a let down. Talk about learning the hard way. Too bad I shot my first 100 at the pa state last year with it. I guess if the dealer was so busy and didn't want the work they should have said so from the start. The dealer did contact me yesterday and said the work was not done and it should be a few weeks,,,, The last three weeks they told me the barrels were in the mail. Hard to say what the deal is. Let this be a warning to all. Looks like my possible court appointment will be in 2-3 months. Peter Hamann, ATA Western New York State Delegate

13. pjh

pjh Member

I will be filing suit in the small claims court in King County. They said they are backed up 2-3 months. I plan on flying out there for the court date. Off to the pattern board in the morning.. I need to break my 100 in doubles this year and have a lot of work to do.

14. pjh

pjh Member

STILL WAITING.. Attorney General has contacted them and the note I have says that the dealer has to respond in 21 days... UGH!

15. pjh

pjh Member

Just spoke to Bill. Said he would ship one of the barrels Friday and the other next week. Cross your fingers!I guess to anyone else be sure to get a signed contract. Also his family's heath does not sound to good. The shop is not his focus. Maybe he needs to stop taking in work for a while.

16. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Peter,

A very interesting story you told me Friday...I'm hoping you do indeed get the barrels. Boy, you should have left that 100 straight gun alone. I know how you strive for perfection but this deal got really out of hand.

Good luck, and see ya next Friday for the "Unemployed" guys day at the club..LOL...

That was fun last Friday.

Dave

17. pjh

pjh Member

Just an update for those who are following along. I have not received anything yet except excuses. The 34" were said to be in a box a shipping. According to his counter man Bill took the box back to check something and still has the box. I have a call into the Attorney General for a follow up.

18. pjh

pjh Member

for thoses play from home... nothing yet and the ATF may not be able to help? what the heck.

19. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Might want to contact the BBB (better business b (spelling)too.

20. creteham

creteham Member

Hoggy,

All the Better Business Bureau will do is send a salesman over and try to get 'em to sign up. The BBB is and always has been a scam. All a business has to do to get a "good" rating is pay the annual membership fee!

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.