1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunfitting by Greg Hissem?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by perazzitms, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Has anybody here have a fitting by Greg Hissem? I have a trip to ICT next week and was thinking about setting up an appointment.

Satisfied? Was it a 'fitting' or a 'look down the barrel' thing? Value for price paid?

Thanks. E-mail above if you prefer not to post in public.

2. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I've never had Greg fit a gun for me. But he has cut a couple combs and mounted a couple Gracoils for me. His workmanship is top notch, you won't be unhappy with his work. cls

3. roty03

roty03 TS Member

I first had Greg just look at me when I went to the Spring Grand about 4 years ago. He was just there to shoot so he didn't really have his stuff with him to do me justice. He did have his lazer and staightened me out which helped termendously. Then I actually made arrangements with him and had a bonafied fit. I have tried to get Greg to at least look at me every year. Between Greg's fitting and Harlan's Clinic, my scores really improved. I give both of these great guys credit for helping me make it to the All American Team.

Thanks Guys!!!! Linda

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Greg is someone you can trust and he does excellent work. Ed

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let anyone else touch my stock but Greg. He is awesome!!! And he really cares about your shooting...

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Greg cut a adj. comb in my XT and he done top notch work. I don't think you could go wrong with his work.

Bill

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You will NOT be disappointed. Greg is top notch. He has done my trap gun, my skeet gun, adn my daughter's trap gun.

I can't recommend him enough.

Tim

8. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I should add that resident troll Tron has done some work for me in the past as well. Tron's work is very much high quality also. cls

9. JonP

JonP Member

Greg cut an adjustable soft comb for my Browning 325 and it's impeccable - a little pricier then some but great work and great turn around time.

Jon

10. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Greg has been fitting our son's gun since before we started shooting ATA. Bryan started shooting ATA targets at 11, making the All American Team at 12, his second year. I am sure that Greg fitting his gun made a big difference in how quickly he progressed. Greg has always been helpful and takes great pride in his work and 'his kids'. Many of the kids in our area use Greg for stockwork and fittings. We went thru a year of about 7 or 8 inches of growth with Bryan 2 years ago. That kept Greg busy.....and us!

you won't be sorry for the time spent with Greg. Just be sure to set that appointment......he is a busy guy! :eek:) Everyone has found out about him! :eek:)

Lorna Hull

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I talked with Greg at the Nebraska State High School shoot which he has worked for years. He stated that he may not get out on the road much anymore since he gets so backed up when he goes to a shoot. I would call ahead and make an appointment as he keeps busy with many word of mouth referrals. Omaha

12. tomward

tomward TS Member

Real Good guy. Real good work. Tom Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.