1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

'gunfitter' and his response to my post

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

PM from "gunfitter"

"Would you like me to bring up the old postings and PM I received about you and that gun It was Unfavorable to you not me. I have avoided the temptation to trash you on this site. If you think you were wrongly treated I'm sorry. It was junk that you sent for repair if I remember and I charged a very reasonable price for the work. Joe"

My response.

"I sent you a perfectly good stock worth $1100 to be fitted to a Gen IV Perazzi, and you botched the job like a hack. You later told me you had to "fix" it at the receiving dealer, since you do not have a decently outfitted shop.

You are a hack, pure and simple. Post whatever you want. I felt the need to warn good folks on this forum about you.

I have forgiven, since I sent the gun to the place I bought the stock from, and they were able to correct your mediocre work.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say to forget someone who took me."

I was not sure this was the same person, now I am. Use him at your risk.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

gun fitter, aka Joe Goldberg, took quite a few posters on this site for a ride a few years back.

He had one guys stock for 6+ months and on behalf of another poster, he managed to get the stock back. He was out the $$ that had been paid, but never the less had his irreplaceable stock back.

He always ran around claiming to be responcible for Harlan's stock design that has become somewhat famous, when all the time it was Dennis Devault's handiwork.

Joe Goldberg is a work of art for sure. A legend in his own mind.

ss

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

A $75 job on a cracked stock that was supposedly perfect It did not even closely fit the receiver. It went to a state licenced FFL dealer in the area because he didn't want to use my fitting receiver. I'm on the road and don't have a store front so no receiver is being sent to me.

Short Shucker is an absolute liar, falsifier, and perjurer. I would love to hear who's stock your referring to. No one ever received anything back on behalf of another poster. Certainly Not out any money for work not performed as you infer. It seems that there are quite a few self serving stabs on this site.

Now I can honestly say that I have 3 unhappy customers I know of out of hundreds of customers. I could name them but why embarrass them. If there are others here's your chance but be specific and use names and dates. Return time has been challenging at times but that will happen when your wife passes away or have a fire in your shop.

This site is such a rumor mill at times.

ShortSucker FYI I have taught Clinics with Harlan.
    Dennis is a Good friend and we have both done work for each other. Do you need their cell#'s?

In 2007 Harlan's Guns were stolen. When he or Krieghoff contacted Wenig they had altered the pattern so there was no stock or dimensions to make one from.
    Well I spent 3 days with Harlan fitting a pattern stock for him at the Silver Dollar Club. There are witnesses. When it was done Harlan shot the black painted stock for the rest of the season and he won the High overall and 2400 shooting that stock.

Dennis built Harlan's first stocks but never built one for any K-80 stocks for Harlan.
    Joe

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

SS Were you referring to buds stock that was in the fire?

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Oh That one you mean the one that I threw his money on the ground.

He didn't loose anything. As a matter of fact he was missing for three months living with his father taking care of him. I had no way of contacting him. There are witnesses to that as well.
    Joe

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nope! This was a stock off a model 21, I think, that you were supposed to restore. After you gave the guy the runaround for something like 6 months another poster here came and got the stock from you and returned it to the rightful owner.

So you still claiming to be able to cure everything from flinching to the gout with your handiwork? Do everyone a favor here and go crawl back into your bottle.

Fool me once, shame on you. You don't get a second run through here.

ss

P.S. Heard all about you from Dennis a while back. Funny story, but I doubt you'd think so.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ok, i'm ready now......

Got the drinks. Someone grab the popcorn.................

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Before and after pics?

Hold on, let me get the popcorn.

9. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Ok come on guys this is now getting out of hand. I received a call today from a friend of mine and he ask me to look at this thread. I just do not know how I get in the middle of these threads. I am just setting in my office in Canton Ohio minding my own business and bam someone throws me under the bus. I am not defending anyone on this one as I do not have the facts. Fact one I will say that Joe is a friend of mine and we have done things back and forth to help each other. Fact two, the originator of the now Harlan Campbell stock was me and no I never made a stock for Harlan's K-80. Fact three, years ago Harlan told me that I was without a doubt the Captain of the fruit & nut brigade and I do believe the man was spot on. After all of that fight away but leave me out of this one I have no dog in this hunt. Really, I don't even have a very big dog to fight with. So carry on and have a marvelous day to everyone.

Rodeo Man Out
    AKA: Dennis Devault

10. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

This trashy thread is an embarrassment to this website and trapshooters. It's understandable how Coach and Fitter would draw swords over a matter in which they were personally involved, but the trolling comments by Shucker are inexcusable.

Shucker is a troll in every thread, and he never adds anything intelligent or useful. He likes to engage in hearsay, where a third party is supposed to have said whatever Shucker needs that person to say, though that person isn't around to say otherwise. I've seen that habit in childish people who hold outlandish positions that they cannot defend. They simply invent someone else to help them out. Childish.

Fitter said: "Short Shucker is an absolute liar, falsifier, and perjurer."

I don't know about all that, but I do know he's a trashy troll with very poor manners.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hey Indy i mean William Walters, why did you run and hide last night?

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Short, fiction seems to be your best form writing so far. Model 21 stocks I can count the number I have done on one hand and think I remember them all. Short don't believe everything you read. I'm almost positive that your referring to a Cole single barrel trap stock for a guy named Bud. Name of the customer please since you know everything about me. If this is not fiction of yours I will own up to it. I would imagine that you have never seen any of my work and know little if anything about me my work or beven any of my real customers.

See what I mean the naysayers never have the facts. Short doesn't know &(^%$ from Shinola. Shooting Coach wanna be; at least has had an experience with me and I believe him when he says he was unhappy with his experience. That is what happens when you lie to your vendor or have unreasonable expectations.

Thanks Dennis.

As to the Harlan stock I stand by what I have said. I fitted the stock that Harlan won the 2007 High Overall at the Grand for him. Dennis was one of the first making stocks like we see today and with out a doubt the New American Stocks of Wenig are a poor copy of Dennis's stocks. Dennis did indeed build Harlan's Mach 1 and MX3 the two guns he was first successful with on the national stage. Much of the stock fitted for Harlan was with Harlan's input and desire I think to emulate the feel of his older MX3 special which Dennis set up.

Short- So what about the Harlan stock have I said that is false misleading or otherwise untrue.
    Joe

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Indy thank you! My sentiments exactly. There are many here on trap shooters to watch out for both; vendors and posters. I never attack any of my competition or their work in the open threads if it needs to be said I use PM to say it but there are some here who don't have the class to keep things where they belong.
    Posting a PM from another member in the open threads is poor form and immature but I consider the source.

When attacked here I won't remain silent or go away. Especially when their fiction and lies like Short Shucker.

Ok any real customers with real grievances here's your chance.

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my refund, Joe. You admit I had a bad experience with you. You took my money after writing me and begging for work. You shafted me, and you have admitted it.

Send me a refund, and I will write off the $350 I had to spend to have your hatchet job repaired.

Every job you have botched is the customers fault? Sound like you have a serious character flaw. If you want to do something right, send me $75.

Your PM threatening to flame any post I make unless I quit warning folks about you won't work. Delete your lying posts or not, I don't care.

It's too bad you came back here, hoping to take other folks for a ride like you did several years ago. There are enough here who remember you to keep that from happening.

I am done wasting my time with a con like you. Man up, for a change, and send me a refund.

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Send me the stock or pictures! No one refunds just because a customer asks for it. You know that! Yes Bad experience! I won't be doing business with you either. Your Ignorant when it comes to gun things and a scammer from what Ive heard. Something for nothing. Well almost nothing. Your the only one complaining here who has actually had work done that they are unsatisfied about.

You make it sound like no one has ever been happy about my work but the posts and hundreds of happy customers beg to differ.

As to your honesty What about your WTS browning ultra XT.
    [​IMG]
    What is this

This is not an altered picture and the crack shows up better in the top pic posted by coach where he is trying to sell the gun.

Also what about the ding you see as a white spot on the edge of the wood just to the right of the top lever. I can see that there is quite a bit of wood protruding above the action as well.

Is this the original stock set for the gun? I wonder?

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I was actually going to let this rest and had removed some of my posts about coach but the last one by him is war!

17. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I have a gunfitting @ 1:30
    I'll let you know how that goes for those interested.

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Boys being boys. I recall those days.

19. esetter

esetter Active Member

I will jump in on this one since I am the person that had the missing stock that Joe kept for over 6 months. He restocked an original Parker 20GA VH with a beautiful piece of English Walnut that I had. Was originally told it would take 6 weeks because he was slow at the time. Ended up taking over 10 months. Was suppose to have a checkered butt with heel and toe plates and he cut the wood too short and we had to add a black rubber pad to get my LOP. Forend has a large gap between the wood and the iron which he tried to fill with some resin which has now come out. Gun was suppose to have a satin sheen, came out with a high gloss. Lost the original screws for the trigger tang and replaced them with screws that don't fit properly. To top everything off, when the gun was finally returned, he didn't return the original straight grip Parker stock. I tried for over six months to get him to return it and he wouldn't even answer the phone when I called him. Finally I ask on this forum if anyone knew him and a very nice man said he did and had had several guns stocked by him. He went to him and finally got my stock returned for me. I actually went to the Ohio state shoot just to thank this man for getting my stock returned. Every word said here is fact. I have the original work order I sent to him with the gun, and actually had to send several times because he lost the letter. I never posted any of this before because I thought maybe I was the only unlucky person but I see now that this is not the case. I can't say how he does with competition guns, but I can say without a doubt, don't send a double barrel gun to him for stock work. I will go to court and swear that every word said here is the truth.

Gerry Addison

20. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I was reading about this thread in the grocery store checkout. Last week it was all about Sarah Palin's secret lover, but this week the tabloids are all over this unfolding story.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=thumb_granny_3.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.