1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gunbroker ripp off

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revmickmoses, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmickmoses

revmickmoses TS Member

I was ripped off on gunbroker, i am sending this thread to keep others from being ripped off.Here is how it works you bid on an item,your bid is below reserve , you receive a email supposedly from the owner (give me your best bid)you give your best bid he accepts ,he sends an official looking set of instructions from gunbroker,how to pay, explaining there is an escrow,according to these instructions you send western union I realize my mistake, DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE, THIS IS A SCAM.
    William Glaser

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

Never, ever, use Western Union for ANYTHING, except sending money to a close friend or relative. NEVER...

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What does Ron White always say?

Curt

4. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Thank you for the heads up. It seems like SCAMS are the way of our new world. We need people like you with the courage to step up and alert the rest of us. Michael

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The problem with these whale crap of people is they make things feel so natural and prey on people who are maybe new to things or are not sure how things normally work. I assure you that if Mr. Glaser would have seen the flashing "SCAM" sign he wouldn't have taken the bait. That is the way these bloodsuckers work. I must admit that i'm not sure i wouldn't have taken the same worm.----Matt

6. Squeal

Squeal Member

How was the guys user rating?

7. woodski

woodski Member

What was the persons name and what type of gun as there is another one on there now? thanks, Bob

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks William, I know how your feel. A close friend of mine lost $1500.00 while trying to buy a golf cart on ebay. It happens unfortunately and usually there is no recourse. Ebay basically laughed at him. Jackie B.

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

revmickmoses If he sent you anything that looks like Gunbroker stuff AFTER THE AUCTION it has to be bad .

10. nipper

nipper TS Member

if you check e-bay close, look at all bidders , or high bidders, they are in code like pxxvv1 or whatever so this wont happen any more.

i also get e-mails that appear to be from pay-pal or e-bay or even my bank asking for account "update" information,if i am dumb enough to actually respond and give them my account info,who is the dummy??

bill

11. sle081

sle081 Member

I have baught and sold many firearms on Gunbroker and the bad situations are far out weighted by the good. I think they run a fair deal and they work at it. As in all things there are those who are not as honest as they should be and who have no ethics at all. But beng involved as I have for several years I would not see a condemnation of Gunbroker as a whole. As in all things it only takes a few bad apples.!!

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Caveat Emptor! Assume Nothing....Trust No One......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.