1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GunBroker or AuctionArms?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jennylin, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jennylin

jennylin Member

0   0   0

Which site is better if you're loooking to sell guns?

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

GB....more people. AA is better for buying.

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Definitely Gunbroker. Auction Arms is a joke.

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

0   0   0

GunBroker.com

5. sebaka

sebaka Member

0   0   0

Neither, Gunsamerica.com is a better site.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've never found a decent selection of anything on AuctionArms.

Ed

7. frbowers

frbowers TS Member

0   0   0

There are two or three sellers on AA that consistently have nice items. Gunbroker is a much larger market.

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

GB by far. GA is known to be a high price site. I have found guns cheaper on GB then GA.

9. steveziv

steveziv Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The selection is pretty thin on AA, as a seller that means you won't have much of an audience.

GA has a big selection but searches tend to return a lot of clutter. Also there seem to be a lot of dealers asking dealer prices. Again, as a buyer I tend to avoid GA.

GB seems to be the closest to a person-to-person auction site. It's where I would go looking for a good selection and fair auction price. I assume other buyers feel the same so that's where I would want to sell as well.

However I would first list here and on SGW at a slightly lower price in hopes of a quick and easy sale.

10. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

0   0   0

I have bought and sold a lot on Gunbroker, no problems at all..but I have better experiences buying and selling on this BB than any other site...LarryB

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

7 1/2 or 8's? lol. They're both reputable sites. I prefer GB.com for selling as I feel they have a larger audience. Auction Arms is worth a look from time to time as well. My opinion, list them on both sites at once. GB.com does not charge an insertion fee if the gun is sold elsewhere. Get as much exposure as you can. Not sure about Auction Arms policy about ending an auction early.

Jeff

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Well, let me say this, the stuff I couldn't sell on TS I usually have no problem selling them on GA. The same item I list on GA & GB, I got a lot more action on GA.

13. twotimer

twotimer Member

0   0   0

I've bought from guns international and had good luck. The site seems easy to navigate also. Mike

14. capulona

capulona TS Member

0   0   0

Gunbroker. It's the Ebay of firearms - the audience is much larger than than Gunsamerica or Auction Arms. Also easier to use.

No fees for a basic listing and it can relist automatically until it sells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.