1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

gunbroker games

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Active Member

I just tried buying a gun off the gunbroker site! They keep changing and adding time to the end of the auction?! Is this normal and routine?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads
  2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Active Member

Yep, any bid in the last 15 minutes gives 15 minutes more for others to outbid ya.
  3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Active Member

I usually wait till bout 16 minutes before i bid. most the times I win the gun or item.
    Chris
  4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Active Member

What they do on GUnbroker is they wait till 15 minutes after the last bid to have a winner.
  5. 221

221 Active Member

It's setup up that way to end the practice of sniping....Ebay was supposed to go to it but has not. It's gotten to be a rarity to bid on ebay and win with more than a minute left. Software will allow a sniper to bid right on the money.
  6. stokinpls

stokinpls Active Member

It's been that way since it came online. It's in the fine print. Seems like a fair way to do things, but I could see how it could be aggravating. Better luck next time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.