1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN WISDOM

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Flinch king, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flinch king

Flinch king Member

Gun Wisdom
    Some words to the wise. Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A: Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B: Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length.

E: Never say "I’ve got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

I: If you’re in a gun fight:

1/ If you're not shooting, you should be loading.

2/ If you're not loading, you should be moving,

3/ If you're not moving', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L: You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
    GOD BLESS THE US AND THOSE THAT PROTECT US!
    Flinch King - Brian Seibert

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

<i>Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length</i>

That is too close. Use the 21 ft rule. An attacker can kill you with a knife with in 21 ft before you ever draw your gun.

<i>The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
    </I>

Although humorous, it is erroneous. The average response is closer to 8 minutes.

Some of this is good information, some is so so. Having a CCW it should always be for defense, not proactivity. Be the best witness you can be.

Bryan

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

When seconds count the Cops are only minutes away ... (Who's counting ?)
    You won't hear the safety on my carry gun, its either a wheel (.38 Snub) gun or a Glock ... I have an alarm on my house to warn anyone who tries to break in that if they hear the blast or see that flash, I must of missed with the first round ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Police are only minutes away when seconds count ... (Who's counting ?)
    You won't hear the safety on my carry gun, its either a wheel (.38 Snub) gun or a Glock ... I have an alarm on my house to warn anyone who tries to break in that if they hear the blast or see that flash, I must of missed with the first round ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Y'all,

Most of those quotes were from Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch fame.

As a combat pistol instructor he is considered to be one of the best in the business.

Any pistoleros out there......................?

Google Thunder Ranch,you'll be impressed.

D.P.Reynolds

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"if they hear the blast or see that flash, I must of missed with the first round"

Good one Bill.........LMAO

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

------

Although humorous, it is erroneous. The average response is closer to 8 minutes.</i>

------

8 minutes still does not exactly instill confidence in timely intervention.

8. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

At Cabelas one day, a salesman said you don't realy want that lazer, anyone entering your house will know right where you are! I told him, NO he will see muzzle flash, the laser is MINE !!!
    Dave B

9. Flinch king

Flinch king Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.