1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

++++Gun Wisdom++++

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Gun Wisdom

Some words to the wise. Shooting advice from various concealed carry instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it. Just sayin'!

A: Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

B: It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D: Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E: Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

I: If you're in a gun fight:
    1) If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
    2) If you're not loading, you should be movin',
    3) If you're not movin', you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L: You can say STOP or ALTO or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The NRA concealed carry class teaches to say "I have a gun" among other things.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I believe if I was to say the words "I have a gun", it would be while I was pulling the trigger!!!

4. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

It has always been my position that the aggressor has to take his victim like he finds him. If the victim has a weapon I say TS AH. If you live through it learn from it.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

All you guys that talk the big talk should take a cpl class. Another word to the wise if you shoot someone your first call should be to a attorney. Do not talk to a cop without your attorney present. jmho

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Your first call should be to 911 for medical help for the perp you just shot.

Why?

Because this will show the DA and the jury that you were not without compassion and did not gun down your assailant with malice. Hard to prove that when you've summoned medical help.

The NEXT call should be to your attorney.

Remember that lying to the cops is a crime. You may be so rattled that you may give conflicting information later. Let your attorney speak for you.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

There is a thing on youtube regarding what you can say to the police that can actually help you in court. I will cut thru the tape time, nothing, not one word. It says it all right in your Miranda...anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. Ambulance then lawyer. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.