1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Weight

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by otnot, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

For the hell of it I decided to weight my trap guns today. What weight gun do you prefer? Most of mine are from 9 lbs to 9.98 pounds. What suprised me was that my Tmx with a 32 inch Tm1 barrel weighed 1/2 pound less than with the 34 inch Tmx barrel on it.

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

At least 9 lbs

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

My early TM-1 34" bbl weighs in at 8# 6oz. This is with a G Squared recoil reduction stock assembly & includes a fully adj cheekpiece & butt. My 33" LTX is the same without any adjustable stuff & a Pacmayer pad. A 34" TMX I have is 8# 2oz. no stock mods.
    I like a lighter gun. I think they are more responsive to a target that gets away.
    I use a lighter load like Gold Metal X-Lite to compensate. I find a gun not more than 8 i/2# is best for me. Tom Lobonc

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

LOL Perazzi,now let's not get too personal. Actually I'm 48 years old and six ft tall and 220. I like my guns at about 9.5-10 lbs but my backup TMX at 9 pounds sure feels fast but I feel the recoil a bit more. I was curious how light a gun you can go to before the recoil of even the lights shells will begin to affect you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.