1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN VALUE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I need a honest idea of a gun value. This is not to buy for resale but as a gun to keep and shoot.
    There is a 1979 Browning Citori with 34" top single fixed full and 32" fixed imp mod and full o/u with a Browning case. The gun has a Griggs recoil re-director. It has been in a vault for about fifteen years and looks AS NEW
    The man who ownes it says he shot the single less tan 1000 rounds and less that 500 through the o/u and I believe it from the guns condition. It is pristine. The serial numbers were sent to Browning and confirmed as year of manufacture and that it is deed a factory combo.
    His price is firm at $2,200. My heart says that is top end price.
    What do you think?

2. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I don't know about a combo value, but I just passed on the same era over and under Citori with fixed chokes, 95% condition, for $900. Can you shoot it before you buy? If you shoot it well and are going to keep it for a long time it could be worth it.

David

3. creek

creek Member

If I were to be offered that combo, I would see $1,800 as being a good deal for both the buyer and the seller.

Used current XT Combos with the choke tubes and case can be had for $2,000 to $2,600. Why would someone want to limit themselves to fixed chokes in an older gun?

Just my opinion.

John

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Please post a link to where one can purchase an XT Combo for $2000. $2600 is barely do-able depending on condition and mods.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree with the XT pricing above

So you have to ask yourself= do you want to pay anything close to XT pricing ----that for older firearm and features?

Plus the griggs absolutely kills the resale value and potential

I think he is holding an $1100 combo myself but pay what you want you will keep it because it isnt going anywhere

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

A friend just sold one including the Browning case and I would say it was 95PCT. He got $1400.00 for it. I don't remember how old it was but it was pretty old. I wanted it but had just bought a BT99 and a couple of other guns 22/410 and 22m/410 so had depleted my mad money. LOL Jackie B.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

2200 is too much. 1500 tops IMHO

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

In my opinion the top single barrel is not worth much, maybe $400 tops. Fixed chokes is worth a little less to most. Grigg's recoil redirector I am not familiar with. To me, any mechanical recoil reduction pad device detracts from the value. Seeing as the numbers match, and it is in that good of condition with case, I would think around $1600 - $1700.

9. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Thanks to all--You have confirmed my thoughts. I am impressed that the replies were honest and on point. Again--many thanks. I'll pass on this one but it sure is a clean gun to be so old!

10. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I will buy 10 browning combos in excellent condition if you have them at $1100 a piece. Here is the real deal. Figure this a browning citori trap with fixed chokes in excellent condition is worth alone $1000-$1200, factor in the the top single barrel, around $600-$800, a browning hard case $100-$150 the low value is around $1700-$2200. For a quick sale say $1500. If you wait on it you will see around $2K, I should know I just sold the same gun for $2200. Mine was in excellent condition with a brand new Browning combo case. It took me about 2 months and I passed on some low ball offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

value trap guns