1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun value

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by edthearcher, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

smith and wesson model 14 K 38 new in box, my brother a retired police man has this weapon and is trying to figure out the value, it has the orignal box and never has been fired. on gun broker he gets a range of 400 to 800 dollars my gun value book says EXC $600 thanks

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

A NIB M14 K38 pinned & recessed for $450 was recently sold by a close friend after trying to sell it for several months. Not much interest in these nice old guns...too many of them around and everyone wants M19s or M27s for the .357/.38 capability. The current Blue Book values are not always reliable...just a guide. Best Regards, Ed

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

And does he want to sell it or just claim he has something of value?

That is usually the better question- what can this sell for?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

i believe he thinks its worth more than it is, i also asked him this question his reply was i cant make up my mind

5. shark1

shark1 Member

BBl length does matter, and all paper work with original wrap will enhance the value. How deep is the turn line on the cylinder? Dry firing can diminish value. 500-650 is pretty close if all is right and perfect. Mike Sharkey, DC

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

If he wants to sell, I would be interested in making a decent offer particulary if it is NIB as you you say.

PM me if this is the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.