1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Value to help a friend.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

A pretty good friend is in a bind and asked me to buy a couple of gun from him rather than pawning them. One is a Browning Bar 270 with a Leupold 3x9x40 scope and has never been hunted with. It is as close to 100PCT as it could get and is around a 2005 model. He wants $850. for it. The other gun is a Beretta 390 with fancy wood, 28 inch barrel and is 95 PCT. He wants $350. for it. I intend to buy them and save them for him, as I already have one of each of those. I don't have a Blue Book with me and I wanted to make sure the prices were in line as he asked me the value before he told me what he wanted to do. I offered to just loan him the money and he wouldn't have none of that so I figured this was the next best thing. Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I don't have my book handy but I would buy both of those in a heart beat for those prices, for more if they were my friends.

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Jack,

I'll give you $350. for the 390 plus shipping.

Thanks,
    John

4. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Jack,

Thanks,
    John

5. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Jack,

Thanks,
    John

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Maybe a bit High for my likeing on the BAR but for a freind the pair are sure worth the total that your looking at.

7. Shooting Jack

Thanks for your replies. I intend on keeping the guns for him until he gets back on his feet. If at a later time things should change I will offer the guns on TS.com. Thanks again. Jackie B.

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

Jackie, the Beretta 390 is worth between $500 and $3000 depending on the model...

The Browning Bar is between $800 and $6000 again depends on the model....

PM me if you need specifics and have a model type...

Chas

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would modify chuckles a little

worth is a relative term and does not equate all the time to what you can sell something for

I would say the BAR is really more at the 500-650 range unless it were some high grade model

the 390- probably good range on the low side with 500 - I am not sure I have ever seen one on the high side worth more than 1700 and that was there super deluxe version- diamond grade or something? and that would have been NIB for that grade to get that much

10. Shooting Jack

The Bar is a standard Safaria grade but has nice wood. The scope was around $400. new. Just guessing that the rifle listed for around $1000.00 new so I feel $850.00 was alright. The 390 listed for $849.00 I believe and I sold it to him for $649.00 which was almost cost. It's still a mighty pretty gun. I might try to trade him one of mine and a little less cash as neither of mine have wood that looks that pretty. LOL Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.