1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN TRYOUT AT PA STATE SHOOT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TOM416, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOM416

TOM416 Member

I WAS TOLD BY A PERSON WHO SHOOTS TRAP THAT AT THE PA STATE SHOOT AT ELEYSBURG YOU COULD TRY OUT DIFFERENT SHOTGUNS THAT VENDORS HAD THERE. THE PERSON SAID THAT YOU WOULD GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD OR SIMILAR AND THAT YOU COULD TAKE A GUN TO ONE OF THE TRAP RANGES AND SEE IF YOU LIKED IT. THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS NOT NOT BEEN TO THE STATE SHOOT FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THIS IS STILL THE CASE. I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW GUN AND I HAVE ALWAYS READ HERE AND ELSEWHERE THAT TRY BEFORE YOU BUY IS THE VERY BEST PRACTICE THERE IS.
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR ADDITIONAL INFO IN THIS MATTER
    TOM HARTMAN

2. tj303

tj303 Member

Some vendors allow you to try shooting their guns and some don't. Please don't use all CAPITALS.

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Last year at the Missouri state shoot and at the Fall Handicap some of the larger more reputable dealers offered to let me try a used gun on the practice range. I don't think you should expect to try a new in the box never fired gun. That would seem unreasonable to me. Jack Farrow

4. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Last summer at the shoot,you had C.G.guns,with their own demo guns,so did Blaser,Doug at Shotgun Specialties,Joel Etechen,will usually work with you
    Glenn

5. clydep

clydep Member

Most dealers will allow you to take one of their USED guns to the practice trap for a trial. I have never heard of a dealer letting you take a NEW UNFIRED gun out to shoot, which makes sense to me. I have attended the PA. state shoot for 20 plus years and know most of the dealers. Good luck on your search for a new gun.

6. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Usually new ( demo ) guns. Yes you can shoot them on practice traps but they usually want your drivers license to hold till you bring the gun back.

Last summer I was offered a new Blaser to shoot but had to show my license.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Assuming that you shoot at a club regularly, ask the guys that you shoot with if you could try their guns as you are looking to buy one. If you lived near Pittsburgh I could let you try a K-80, a TMX and a Bt-99. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.