1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun/Trigger Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is time to begin Spring touch up to the house and I have not been able to find a caulk gun with a release trigger. Can anyone help me or is it too late?

Pat Ireland

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

It is a long cold winter around here and my thoughts are definitely Not on cleaning or fixing this stupid house.

3. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

Just squeez the trigger real hard and release it before punching the hole in the calk tube. It will reafirm the meaning of double release.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Irfner- Very interesting. That means I would have a double release trigger on my single barrel caulk gun. I need some time to comprehend that.

Pat Ireland

5. Rick173

Rick173 TS Member

Pat every once in awhile I fell the need to respond to your thread. It is very clear that what you are experiencing is a medical condition called Equinoxalcitosis. This is a psychological condition usually experienced in long time trap shooters brought on buy shooting winchester hulls early in your career or possibly from shooting a BT99 one time in your career which happened to many. The switch to voice activated callers. The automatic trap which eliminated the trap setter. The hydraulic reloader. Fiocchi primers placed in the plastic trays instead of the bulk strips. Pat does any of this ring a bell. Pat you can not and I repeat can not remain in denial. Pat Ireland you have got to deal with it take responsibility for your past admit your failures. Pat; this medical condition has to do with carbadopa/levabopa levels with causes the synapses to remain open as the signals pass between the motor neurons causing a disruption of your circadian rhythm making it difficult to sleep. Pat I am not a DR but I am a nurse with some psych experience. Pat it should be clear to you buy now that Equinoxalcitosis symptoms described above is just a case of to much free time in the winter season and the anticipation of a new shooting year starting in the spring. I know this Pat because I to am affected by it the blank staring at walls the endless days the watching of the Law and order reruns over and over need I go on. Pat I feel your pain. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery be good to yourself and that doesn't mean spending time in the bathroom alone.
    To much free time
    Rick Shoop PA

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat, When I clicked on to a Gun/Trigger problem, I certainly didn't expect this. It appears that Irfner gave you a viable option, as long as you are as quick on your feet as you are with your wit.On the other hand, there may be more truth than you realize in your diagnosis. I shall reread it more deliberately. At least you have not attracted any of our Anal members yet. Have a good trip to Forida, Michigan and the table is NOT on the way, and I respectfully suggest that you plan a seperate trip to Michigan for the table and a happier home life.I cannot do any caulking here today at 15 degrees, thank God the wind has stopped, I shall release a couple of hundred clays and see how many break upon landing. At least they have been released and are free to fly. Have fun. Bob

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Pat, I am surprised that no one has flamed you for not putting "OT" on your thread. LOL
    Don

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick Shoop - Thank you for your Dx, do you have a Px and a Rx. For those who are not a nurse (Dx = diagnosis, Px = Prognosis, Rx = prescription). I do, without doubt, need help, lots of help, soon.

Pat Ireland

9. Rick173

Rick173 TS Member

Pat; I won't get into the explanation of synapses but we really do need them. Pat; Rx Do visualization exercises for 20 min. x's 2 qd mount your gun 100 x's qd and maintain your eye exercises. PX You should experience some relief in 4 to 6 wk's. To further the sites educational needs x's = Times qd = everyday wk's = weeks there that should do it. Oh Pat your friend any relation to the famous Flying Welenda's just thought I,d ask. You might give Kay Ohye a call I heard he had a double trough caulking gun built a Bi trough possibly built by Al Lutic I heard he has had it awhile and I am not sure who did the trigger work but the gun allegedly has a double release. I hope this helps Pat I am always trying to do my part, giving back to the community. I feel all warm inside.
    Shoot well
    Rick Shoop PA

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

miketmx, not happy with your house? You can move into your tent at the gun club for a while. It sounds like it has been a long winter. Just two more months and it will be over with. Then we will get into are spring wind and the rain season. P.S. its in the low 70s here and we are shooting only six days a week. Any word on shell pricing for the up coming year? Trevor.

11. miketmx

Hi Trevor, I am still in the mood for skiing as Big Mountain is getting about 4" new snow every day and we are leaving at about noon. I checked at Russells about 2 weeks ago and AA's were $65 and Super Targets were $46 in Canadian funds of course.

12. white rattler

white rattler Member

mikemtx, I would be very careful going up and down the mountains, A man your age must take care. I would stay in the cabin looking after the fire and stay on a good diet of hot rum. I would not like to see you at the squading table this coming summer in a full body cast. Trevor.

13. Rick173

Rick173 TS Member

14. miketmx

Trevor, I almost needed that body cast yesterday. A snowboarder tried real hard to mow me down at Fernie and today I brushed up on my technique for skiing in the Fog at Big Mountain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caulk gun release trigger

how to load caulking gun with no release trigger