1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun transaction gone bad on TC dot com

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smokem all, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokem all

smokem all TS Member

I have recently had a gun transaction gone bad on TC dot com
    I would like to post the e mail transaction minus the last names ,
    addresses and e mails addresses. Is that all I should leave out .
    I don’t want get in trouble with the moderator on here because I really
    like this site. Any information on how to deal with this will be helpful.
    I don’t liars or cheats and want to expose them.
    Thanks
    Smokem all

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have seen a few posts about bad deals here that turned out to be miscommunication of one sort or another, or one party or another going off half cocked because it took some time to complete the transaction.

I would urge you to be sure this is not the case, and if we are dealing with outright fraud the rest of the board would probably like to hear it.

NOt understanding the terms of the deal, or representation of condition, etc, are things that fall in the gray area.

Failure of one or the other parties to respond to emails or other communication is where it starts to get hairy. even then sometimes there is a reason, sudden illness or family tragedy, etc. In that case understanding is required.

So describe the deal "gone bad" and maybe others here will have an opinion how you should proceed.

I'm staying out of it.

HM

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Have you given the other party the benefit of the doubt, and made every effort to contact them? Are they still posting on here? Are they a regular?

4. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

You couldn't have had a gun transaction on this web site since it isn't a gun trading site. What you might have had is a bad transaction with someone you met on this site. If so, it has nothing to do with this site. As you've seen, threads are started about everything under the sun, so you should be free to do the same.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A good start would be to expose your own name.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I would like to know what TC.Com is?

Jerbear

7. 3DHC

3DHC Member

Smokem All,

I had a bad transaction with a fellow that posts guns for sale from time to time on this website.

Whenever he posts, I ask him when he is going to pay me the balance (~$700) on our gun deal (trade). He always responds that he has paid me which is untrue. I want everyone that may do business with him to know about my bad experience.

I have listed his name, home address, home telephone number and posted a link to a site where the E-Mails between him and me could be downloaded as a pdf file and viewed. The E-Mails really speak for themselves. He lives in another state which put him out of reach for a small claims action and it would have easily cost me over $10k to go the federal route.

We last went through this a couple of weeks ago and it has been going on for years! The time for me to file an action has passed but I have no intention of going away! If I could get him to say he actually sent a USPS money order and provide a number I'd try to get the USPS involved!

Good Luck in whatever you choose to do.

Butch Hampton

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jerbear :

I was thining the same thing about this site being called TC.com instead of T.S.com sometimes 1 letter will make or break the bank.

Fog

9. halfmile

So where's the link?

I think there is a statute of limitations on fraud, but you are a little late at the station here ("it has been going on for years").

He says he paid, he should have documentation. Cancelled checks, Money order carbons, etc.

Post the URL you refer to.

HM

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Several points to keep in mind.

Ship all items Usps the mail fraud laws have some teeth in them.

No verbal communication unless backed up by written confermation of same.

No payments unless postal money order or bank certified check.

Require that the gun be shipped from and to a FFL holder and smke them the intermediary. ( most will for a nominal fee.)

Use common sense. If it sounds too good it probably is.

Between the mail fraud laws and the FBI for internet fraud you can bring a heap of trouble on the other party if the transaction is not legit.

Last no partial payments or I'll owe you unless you personally know the individual and then it's your own fault anyway.

Hope this helps I never have had problems but I have had to be cautious a few times and have had to walk away from a few deals because they just didn't seem right.

Joe

11. 3DHC

3DHC Member

HM,

Here you go... The Website URL is a listed above is a link to the pdf file download. Just click on the arrow to the right of the file size.

http://idisk.mac.com/rhamp00-Public?view=web

Butch

12. halfmile

Sorry you had so much trouble. I got a Timney release from him and it was a smooth transaction.

I guess you just have to keep pounding away till you get it resolved if you can stand it.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.