1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun that won the most

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAA 27 AAA, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Perazzi by far won more trophies at the Grand. Kriegoff came in a near second with Browning a distant third.

If a shooter wanted to upgrade his gun, how much of these facts should he consider.?

I shoot a Browning and currently average 94.5 from the 27 yard line, but can't seem to get over the hump and post the big scores. Will it come, or do I need to change guns?

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

you have a great average in handicap. probably one of the tops in your state. try the guns out first. do you use a top single gun now? if so stick with that. Ljutic, Alfermann, Kolar Silver SEITZ.I think the two best top singles on the market for 27 yard shooting is Alfermann and Seitz. In unsingle guns Perazzi, Krieghoff and Kolar.

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You have a 94.5 Handicap average from the 27 yard line and you are asking us? You are an elite shooter and if your average is 94.5 then I can't imagine you need a diffrent gun. Jeff

4. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

Well I always thought that I would move back pretty quick with my p gun, and have a good average. But i stayed at the 19 yardline all summer and didn't have a very good average. Until I switched guns. I switched to a Bowen, all the weight is centralized on the reciever so you can really get the move on the target, and the sight picture is not like anything I have ever seen. With in the first two months I had it I have put some real estate between me and the 19 and carry a pretty good avg. with it. So I guess if you are really looking to up grade and are able I would give Mr. Bowen a call. He's a really great guy and a great business man.

J.D.

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

With all due respect TRAPPS, which model Browning are you a carrying a 94.5 average from the fence?

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I smell bait....Bob Dodd

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

Yes, TRAPPS, you need a real manly gun.

8. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

I carry the Ultra XT, 32" barrells and use it for all disciplines. I use improved modified on singles and full on handicap. It has an adjustable comb that I added. I also added an adjustable butt plate. It appears to fit quite comfortable. I am predominantly left eye dominant, but am having some luck in discipline and training the right eye to dominate.

Keep in mind, the 94.5 average is not lifetime. The average goes back to the last 2000 or so targets. The average includes a best of 96, which I have posted several in both registered shoots and big shoots, and varying backgrounds.

Some of my friends seem to think I can do better if I switch to a gun that has less swing weight and a 34" barrell.

9. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

BDodd; What do you mean "I smell bait"?

OICU812; Thanks but no thanks for your intelligent help.

Frank; I have no trouble with the math.

My current average of 94.5 is the best it has ever been, and I shot more in target year 2007 than any two years combined in the seven years I've been shooting. My best average in handicap is from the 27, which I happen to believe the practice-practice has helped me to get their

I haven't won anything in getting to the 27 yard line. Oh a few small trophies from small shoots in the beginning when I was at the 20, but nothing to brag about.

This is an honest question of which I am soliciting your experience. My very best friend states I should get a different gun because of the things I mention. On the other hand, I fight it because I know what went wrong when I miss the target, at least 99% of the time (the proverbial blank space between my ears). I'm just looking for different opinions.

10. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Your all time high score is only 1.5 birds higher than your average? That seems weird.

11. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

If you are shooting 94.5:

A. Your gun fits.

B. It's a Browning, you won't wear it out.

C. Another gun will not pick up the targets you are missing if you know why you are missing.

12. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Traps,

About the only thing I can contribute is what I have heard, you are best off shooting the gun the fits you best.

I too shoot a Browning XT with the factory adjustable comb. I have been thinking about adding an adjustable butt pad, what brand are you using?

Thanks,

Mike

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The all time gun that won more shoots was the Winchester Model 12, I believe that Perazzi and Kreighoff are catching up in a shorter time frame.

Dr.longshot

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

See you in the average book! Keep up the good work! Better just keep that Browning. If you can average 94.5 on over 1500 targets the big scores will take care of themselves.

What's your best cap score this last target year? You have to have shot a bunch of 95's, 96's and one or two 97's to maintain that average and I call those "big scores". At least in my book they are.

15. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Brownings havent been in the winners circle in decades at the Grand American !
    K-Guns Hold more titles than any other gun . K Guns are at disadvantage because there are more other brands being shot . P Guns Beretta Probley is third Place winner Perazzi Second K gun has to be Number one . Sietz Guns are in league
    of their own With Bowen . Check out extrme shooters see what they shoot ! Usually K Guns or P guns Beretta Some Sietz and Bowens . Browning arent even shooter choice for anything but budgets control .Have great day shooters .

Pat Kelley

16. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Hmmm, A 94.5 handicap average would have put you high in my state Pennsylvania) for 2006. There are quite a few shooters in PA so that would be quite an achievement.

Which state are you from and are you shooting ATA competition?

If your scores are valid then you do not need to change your gun, in fact buy a duplicate for a backup. You are already an upper echelon shooter. If you need to do better take Eddie's advise and get a good coach.

Would you care to share your ATA number?

17. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

But I wasnt around back in the 60s when model 12 was the gun ! K guns take the price most often . 94.5 average from 27 yd Hummmmmm you better than some that follow the game and dont work a job ! How many years under your belt shooting trap . 3-5 maybe ?

Pat Kelley

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

94.5 on 2,000 targets with a high of 96? you must have the record for the longest string of 95's.

19. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I would like to know where you got info on what gun has won the most. I have a hard time believing that. JMHO Bill

20. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I wish I had the dilemma that he has. I wouldn't care if it was a Mossberg. RG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.