1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Tamer Recoil Reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Any feedback on the Gun Tamer recoil reducer? Do they work well? It seems to work a spring and weight similar to Edwards and the Dead Mule. Thanks,

Dale

[​IMG]

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Dale, I have never tried the Gun Tamer system per say, but I did try the Edwards recoil reducer. It was a very bad move for me. After firing the spring made the stock viberate like a bingggging, and after a very short time I find myself lifting my head because I did not like the after effect. I will only use mercury reducer or a piece of lead type stock reducer now. Oh Yeh, After the biggest mercury reducer that would fit in my gun I also had to add some weight out at the barrel as well to put the gun back into balance. Without the forend weight the gun was out of balance and became to barrel light. Hope this helps you out. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for your response Jeff. I’ve used the 100 Straight Dead Mules for years and found them also to be very good.

I think your correct with the Edwards reducer. I too also found them to make a weird noise. I had one once installed in a Browning Citori Skeet gun.

I had some experience with the C & H Mercury Reducer and found them also to work well. Maybe I’ll post this Gun Tamer on Ebay since no one ever heard of them before. Thanks again for my only response.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.