1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Tamer Recoil Reducer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wayne of PA, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Does anyone know any information on the Gun Tamer Recoil reducer pictured above? It appears to be spring activated and is made to slide in stock bolt hole. The one end says IN, and I would assume it means this end in.

I did a product search on Google and came up empty. The label is also printed St Louis Precision Products. Thanks,

Dale

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Would it reduce more recoil than a equally weighted tube of lead? Hap

3. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Actually the weight is only 9 lb. 4 oz. It probably works similar to the Edwards or the Dead Mule. I've always loved my Dead Mule reducers.

I'll probably post this unit eventually on Ebay.

Dale

Added on 04-16-07,

Probably a mistake on the weight I posted. Most likely 9.4 ounces. Thanks for catching that.

Dale

4. nokick

nokick TS Member

Now, that is a name I have not heard of in quite a long time!

Gun Tamer, along with Flinch-X, Schubert Recoil Absorber and the B-G Soft Kick were all products that hit the market after Jesse Edwards got his first patent on his reducer.

Gun-Tamer and Flinch-X were both notified of patent infringements in the 1967-68 time frame, and soon stopped making their lines of products.

I never did find out what happened to the Schubert and B-G Soft Kick products, but in this big box of competitors products we have in the shop, I only have one or two of the latter.

Aside from Bill Staub's mercury supressor, anyone else remember any other recoil devices that have faded from the scene?

Kevin Sheff

5. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks, I appreciate the response. At the moment I an not able to weigh it again, however I must have read it wrong. That would make gun weigh in at approximately 18 or 19 pounds. Hmmm!

I probably had the scale on ounces and it was 9.4 ounces. I'll check it again when I go home on the weekend.

Dale

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I got a Dead Mule reducer that has come back to life becuse it sounds like the gun tamer im sure, because it sounds springy and vibrates you would think someone left a battery operated personal toy inside the stock when you shoot it because of the vibrations it gives.

Fog

7. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Foggy.....Must you always think dirty? LOL
    Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

MiShot

Really im not lieing this time.

But after I pulled it out I saw it looked dead so now it is just rolling around in my jeep floor board for the last 6 months.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mule tamer recoil reducer

muletamer recoil