1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Storage in pickup Truck.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Looking to put a two drawer storage in the floor on my Chev Silverado.
    Anybody build there own. Suggestions. Security Issues!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.truckvault.com/

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.suvcargocaddy.com/index.html

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I do not see any that goes under the back seat in the cab of a pickup..

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I have 2 of the SUVCARGO CADDY units. Mine are not long enough unless my trap gun is in a knock down case. Also, if you bird hunt and have a cap, your kennel may not fit on the vault.

6. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

watch for rust from daily condensation

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Look for a "Du-Ha", I have one and it works well. Even designed to hold two long guns. They are made from plastic...goes under the back seat. Or...why not just get some plywood and kiln-dried 2x4's and build your own? It sure would be strong. Paint it black or Zolotone and it would be stealthy. Or talk to a cabinet shop etc...

8. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The "DU-Ha" Available for extended cab or crew etc..

Locks are available also.

Rock

Jim

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Here's mine, simple to build

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Joe:

Several years ago I had a sheet metal shop fabricate a gun box for the bed of my truck. It is all steel with welded seems and approximately 36" wide, 42" deep, and 10" tall. The door is hinged at the bottom with a full length piano hinge. It will hold up to four target guns (broken down in cases and stacked two high x two wide) and six flats of 12 ga. shells – bigger actually than necessary. You of course, could design a box of any size, shape or configuration that works for you.

The door of my box is secured with a single large Master lock. The lock is specifically designed for high risk applications like soda machines and change making machines in unsecured areas. Unlike regular padlocks, the 'bolt' of this one is surrounded and protected by the solid steel body of the lock. In other words the lock is designed to protect itself against a thief with bolt cutters, a Sawzall, or a gas cutting torch.

My truck has a raised plywood deck similar to the photo in 320090T's post. I designed the box to fit under the deck where it is out of sight. I also bolted the box to the truck bed so a thief can't haul off the whole box and break into it later

The total cost was about $450 including the lock (nearly $60 by itself). That isn't cheap but the unit is heck for stout, provides great security, fits in the back of any truck. It will last as long as my guns and longer than me. : )

As a side note, asthetics was a non-issue when I had mine built so it isn't particularly pretty. However, one could easily "pretty it up" with wood panels, paint, carpet, etc.

Let me know if you have questions or are interested in more details.

Good luck with your project.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pickup truck gun storage

truck gun storage