1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun stolen at NSCA Nationals

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sprinklerman, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Just got of the phone with my shooting buddy, Robin Irvine. He was in his combine harvesting when I asked how nationals went. I had seen his scores on Winsrore. He said he had some good subguage events. I said well tell me about your 12 guage. He said well my gun got stolen. They took the (Wallmart gun) his old 390 trap, but left the Kolar and the model 12. The 390 is the gun that he shoots 95% of the time. I guess if the farm boy beats you you have to take away his toys.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

That sucks! Why would they leave the other 2 guns??

3. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

My only thought is they know how deadly he is with the 390. Some people will go to extremes not get beat. When we were at the zone 5 shoot he was in a shoot of for make-a-break someone put his gun on safe and flipped the feed lock out, while it was in the gun rack. Just sounds like if I can't beat you, you aren't going to win either. Just my thoughts.

4. 87AA

87AA TS Member

My guess is it was rookie thieves that 1) took the first thing they got a hold of or 2) where unsure how to off-load a high end weapon.

Robin could use a slingshot and beat 80% of the shooters at the nationals.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

6. gtrjames

gtrjames TS Member

I'm assuming at the Nationals in San Antonio recently...my brother in law shot there last year and said some guns were stolen...from vehicles I think.

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

It sounds like someone picked up the wrong gun accidentally and took it home. It happens all the time when people aren't paying attention. I'll bet if you asked the club to help in contacting the shooters that were there that day, you'll find the gun.

8. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Had one stolen out of the back of a covered truck bed at a Ducks Unlimited event. We had four guns back there in their cases while we went through the supper line. Our guess is that they took one from the bottom of the stack so we would not notice right away anything was missing. They were right. Pricks...

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Many guns are taken in the San Antonio area.

10. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

That's why they have gun storage available at NSC.

11. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I didn't hear of any guns stolen on the grounds this year. Security was at every gate and they had a couple of armed guards patroling the area.
    The guy at the gun storage did give my k-80 to somebody else.
    I was getting concerned and fortunatly the guy was shooting the same rotation as I was and brought the gun back looking for his.

12. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I talk to Robin again today. It happen at a motel. The gun was taken from his excursion. No forced entry. He thought that the rear glass may not have lock. I have had this happen with my excursion also. Still pisses me off, but not Robin. He said it was just a sign he needed to start shooting the Kolar. That is problable why his so good nothing upsets him. Wish I could be that cool. Merc

13. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

I paid $5 per day for gun storage at the national for my 4 barrel set. Never gave it a second thought.

I thought it was a great service and worth the price.

Dan Gill
    908-448-6820

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.