1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Stock Wax and Protectant

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dustimall, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

I would like to tell you the best product I have found for making your stock and forearm like new. I was told about this at the Klamath Falls shoot, from a friend of mine.

The product is called "Plexus". It's a spray in a 13OZ container, used and designed for jet aircraft canopies and windshields. It also works on Harley Davidson windshields!. It works on everything you want to clean and protect.

I used another product by 3M, Liquid wax, perfect-it, Show Car wax. Comes in a 1 pint black bottle, with Professional Formula on the label. I used that wax on my car, and found it to be the best I have ever used. It's thumbs up on Liquid Glass and others by far.

I applied that wax to my gun stock, let it dry, wiped it off to a sheen, then applied Plexus. Wow! The wood looks like it was refinished with epoxy. I could not believe it!. Plexus will protect the wood from rain, and you can use it on any painted surface, and metal surface to prevent rust, spray the barrels and wipe them down. Ya gotta try it, it really works.

Shootnclays

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Shootnclays.... I get the same results from spraying a soft cloth with Scotts Liquid Gold furniture polish and wiping down the entire gun. Works like a charm and really protects the metal and the wood.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are you refering to the same Plexuz that's sold as shooting glasses lense cleaner? If the wax is applied first then wouldn't the Plexus act as a solvent on the wax finish? I own both products but have never used them as a combination. I find that good ol' Turtle Wax lemon furniture polish does a pretty good job. Makes my Federal papers smell lemony fresh!!!!

4. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

Dan, I also tried that, but just buy a bottle of 3M wax, and the Plexus, it will convince you to the possitive side. It is the best I have found yet.Plus the Plexus protects the wood and metal from rain & snow, Im using it, I like my guns.

Shootnclays

5. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

daddiooo
    Plexus does not act like a solvent on any thing, wood, metal, Plastic. It is not a lens cleaner, it is another product, developed for plastic. It is a cleaner and protector against rain and will out perform Rain X in a heart beat. I would not use it on my shooting glasses, because it is a wax, yes it does clean, but I won't use it on my glasses as yet.

I did laugh when you mentioned your shells smelled lemony fresh. I really do not care for the lemon smell on my shells, I like burnt NitroGlycerin smell, I guess I am old fashioned.

Shootnclays

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun stock polish and protector

plexus for gunstocks

rainex on gunstock

using rain x on gunstock as protectant