1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun stock paint and primer ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ouch, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

I want to paint a gun stock black with acrylic enamel with hardner. Is there a sandable "Shakeup" = spray can type of sandable primer that will work for this?

Also I 've tried the search feature (That I don't know how to use) But can anyone give me a start to finish article to read or the steps to painting a stock, from start to finish ? Thanks,Richard

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I don't know a thing about painting wood but I know that the Eastwood Company in Pennsylvania sells some really high quality black chassis paint in rattle cans for classic car restoration. They probably have a system that includes the primer.

Keller

3. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Richard, PM sent. JW

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I am no pro, but have refinished a few foerarms in black using the following: 1- Clean with Mineral Sprits, Lighty Sand, Clean with Sprits again, let dry. 2- Prime with Dupli-Color Auto Body Spray Primer. 3- Spray paint using Dupli-Color Auto Black (choose your finish ie Matte, Gloss)Paint. A few LIGHT coats 4-5. Let it dry between coats. 4- I used Rustoleum X2 Clear Matte Spray as a finish, 3-4 LIGHT coats. My wife has been shooting with one on her PFS gun for 3 years and it is so far holding up very well. Again, I am no pro, this just worked for me, hope it works for you.

5. ouch

ouch Member

Thank you everyone. Richard

6. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

i have a stock painted by brdslayr and the paint job is bullet proof ted

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

You can get the paint you want from Brownell's, Montazuma, Ia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
rustoleum paint for gun stocks
acrylic paint on gun stocks
best enamel primer to use on gun stalk

gun stock paint

gun stock primer paint

holding primer with hardner