1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Show sticker shock, SKS $950

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Went to a local gun show in S. CA yesterday.

I knew it's not going to be exciting and everything will be expensive, I went anyway because my buddy has a H/C plate, we can park real close, and we'll have a good lunch afterward.

$7 general parking for gun show was the first surprise. 100 yards away there're free parkings for the swap meet at the same Fairground, sam day. Well, he is H/C, so we paid.

$16 entry gets me thinking if I made the right decision to come along, well, I'm already here. Maybe I'll find something I like.

15 minutes into the show I realized how stupid I was. $8 for a box of 50 .22LR is still the same as last show, no line though. Same kind of fat, smelly, greedy vendors in every isle, $8 hotdog, $4 soft drink just made me think how much I like Costco.

Then there's one rack full of Russian SKS caught my attention because I have about 6 of them in the importer's boxes I got from a trade years ago still sitting in the garage. Maybe it's time to sell at these prices? LOL

There're two with hand written "Sold", "ship to XXXX FFL" on the tag, so I guess they must be reasonable at market price?

@$750 & $950

Well, maybe this made my trip worthwhile, otherwise I'd never know how much my junk pile is worth. LOL

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bet my spam can of ammo is worth a lot more than I paid too.

HM

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

HM, you bet.

The retail value for my new condition Russian SKSs were around @$125 each at the time. the local chain store Turners were selling the Russian surplus ones for $69.95 each.