1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun shops in VA?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glock22, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glock22

glock22 TS Member

Does anyone know of a good gun shop in VA that handles trap guns?
    THANKS

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

the best gun shop is Trapshooters.com---You'll find anything your looking for at the best prices---JMO---George@SJB

3. glock22

glock22 TS Member

4. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Green Top

Great place

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

There are no gunshops in VA that cater to the shotgun sports (trap/skeet/sporting clays). You won't find a gunshop like Jaquas (Ohio) or Joel Etchen that has a wide selection of trap guns. A majority of gunshops within VA cater to the tactical gun crowd. You might find a gunshop here and there with a used sporting shotgun or two in the gun rack but that's about it. Greentop does sell sporting shotguns but it's the occasional Beretta 682 Gold E Trap and similar types and the inventory selection is far and few, when I last visited them a couple of years ago.

If you are looking to handle several trapguns before buying, I would make a date to head up to PA and attend one of the trapshoots at Elysburg. HiGrade Shooters Supply is usually there and he has a trailer load of guns he brings to handle.

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

What about Bob Schultz?

7. chemist

chemist Member

depending on your location, you might contact the person listed on a trap club info site. I shot at Fairfax Trap Club as a guest when I called and asked if they let the public shoot. They were really great, the state shoot is in Winchester, VA. There might be guns posted on the board. Someone said Bull Run Trap club in Manassas ?. I live in NJ but have family in Herndon, so I have tried to find one( gun shop ) in that area unsuccessfully. Dicks has ammo.

Good luck

Rich Kaplan, chemist

8. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Are you looking for a particular gun (or type of gun) or just want to see a variety of different guns? Paul in Virginia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.