1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun shoots way too high

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bling 27, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bling 27

bling 27 Member

At 13 yards my trap gun patterns 7" high it does not have an adj. comb. I want to install a add on rib to get it to shoot around 70/30 . Is there a formula I can use to find out how high of a rib I need, or do it by trail and error with balsa wood ? Thanks, Wayne

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would put the adjustable comb on. Your rib add on might have other nuances that you don't like. the higher you get, the easier it is to cant the gun unless the fit is perfect, along with your mounting procedure.

HM

3. Gunsmith@A.A.E.

Gunsmith@A.A.E. TS Member

I would consider changing the pitch on your stock. This will help you pocket the stock naturally.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's tough, B27. It depends on what you see down the rib now.

If you have no space between the beads, then you will need not only a reverse-pitch rib, but an adjustable comb too, otherwise you won't be able to see down the new setup.

If you see a lot between the beads, then you might get lucky and find a combo that works. Keen could probably help you or your local model shot with balsa. You can do the math but it always seems when I do I have left out some moderately-important consideration (a different one every time) and it doesn't quite work as planned.

But if you _do_ see a lot of rib now, why not just sand/file the stock down and see how that works?

Neil

5. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

I made this for a friend who had the same issue. Gun shot over a full pattern high at 40 yards. He went from breaking 12/15 to 23/25 on a regular basis. Might not be the prettiest sight I have seen but it certainly corrected his problem and is a great conversation starter.
    yoda100_2008_0303101.jpg

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Pitch will not change impact on a patterning board!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 trap shoots too high

romanian ttc shoots way too high

shotgun shoots too high

shotgun shoots too high comb is all the way down