1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun shooting to the left

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

I shot 3 paper targets with each of my choke tubes about 30 yards away. The first was an improved modified, it patterned pretty good a few more pellets to the left but it could have been me since I was not using a gun rest. The other 2 full chokes shot way to the left. Is this a choke problem or barrel, its an 1100 classic trap. Guess this is why I can only hit anything with my improved modified choke.

2. Hippo

Hippo TS Member

You need to test it a bunch more, off a rest, in no wind and then have a friend do the same thing.---And then after all of that you will find that it is the barrel.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

You need to shoot 10 shells through each choke and do it from a rest at 13 yards. I know of no other way to figure out if the gun is shooting right or left. You can get 4 aiming points on one large sheet of paper.

The best information from checking the POI at 13 yards is not how high the gun shoots but if it shoots right or left. Out of 10 shots from a rest, a typical shooter will pull 2-3 shots off of the aiming point. If you get 7-8 shots hitting the same place that is about the best that can be done.

Pat Ireland

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

For your problem I would take Pats advice. You are interested in poi, not pattern at this point. Sandbag yourself up to make a good rest. Try to achieve the same sight plane down the rib as you would if you are standing and shooting off hand. Hope it's just you and not the barrel. Check your beads and inspect your rib closely. It may be something that obvious.

I did hear at one time that Remington was having a problem with choke tube threading and was causing problems with how guns were shooting. It was on this site previously. Maybe Steve from CT will chime in, he seems to be very knowlageble when it comes to Remington Shotgun issues.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911 - Take the fun they poked at you. That is much better than owning a gun that shoots to the left.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.