Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gun sales UP 65%

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  southjblue 
#1 ·
Gun sales Up 65%---What do you LIBS think?---SJB---

#4 ·
My point is that the LIBs are trying to take our guns and they will keep trying.Best we load up while we can---I'm going out tomorrow and buy another.
Thats my point---I have a friend buying a gun a month---Thinks its better than the stock mkt and bank---Thats my point---Get the picture?---SJB---

#5 ·
No, actually I don't get your point. When Obama was elected there was an incredible run on black guns, you couldn't buy reloading components and when you could you got gouged.

Turns out the sky didn't fall and things started to settle back to normal. As far as I know everyone still has the same gun rights they had when Bush was president.

If your friend wants to join the gun of the month club it's his choice but as an investment? Not going to be worth much if the libs take your guns as you seem to fear. Can't have it both ways.

#7 ·
A revolution? Yeah my trap guns, my 45's and all the rest I have against a government take over? You are kidding right? I don't care how well armed you are if that happens you're going to be toast.

The sky still isn't falling. Try to relax. All this angst and anger isn't good for your health. Seriously.

#11 ·
I agree with Jerry on this one. The panic created by that kind of thinking made it very expensive to shoot trap. Did more harm to the shooting sports than good. Everyone decided to stock up on everything at once fearing they(Dems.) would take away all your guns and ammo, components also. Sending all that powder, lead, primers, and brass overseas didn't help either (pricing). Relax, and enjoy your guns, and shooting them as well. You will still have them as long as you and I live, so why worry about it. Seems to me the stock market is doing better than the gun market, right now anyway. From my experience. Now, two to three years ago it was the other way around.

#13 ·
The problem with panic buying/hoarding is that it ends up hurting the average sportsman.

I bet there are hundreds of thousands of people who have vast stores of ammo, reloading components and black guns in their homes that will never see the light of day. All bought because Obama was elected.

I know that surge in buying drove the prices way up, the availability down and made the gun shops happy. At one point I was rationed primers, only being allowed to buy 100 at a time from my usual supplier. Naturally that affected my ability to participate in my hobbies.

I would hate to see that mentality gain traction again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.