1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun sales price deception

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kelly andersen, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Stopped by the local gander mountain today for the weekly look around. They have a big sale sign up, but all they did was jack the price up on the ticket, take some off, and now the price is still the same as it was the last 3 months. Some sale, they must think people are stupid !!!!

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

So what's your point? If it's that people are stupid- Bill Clinton already proved that.

3. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

There was no point, just pointing out deceptive pricing. whats your point on clinton that we have'nt heard before???? He wasnt any worse than the others from the past or the ones to come, They are all liars !!!! thanks for pointing out your voting preference. LOL

4. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Yes Sir, I agree.

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

That used to be the standard practice for stores that held sales on women's hat...

put $10 price tags on the $5 hats and mark them down to $7 for the sale.

Morgan

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Guns are worth what you want to pay. Most big stores either have great deals on the run of the mill guns,,,870 express for example. At my Favorite FFL 870 Express is 40 more, but I can get a ordered 1100 trap for 15% over his cost. Which comes out 200 less than a special order from dicks sporting goods. Also another comparison. Pro bass has the new M&P semi auto pistol 629.00. Favorite FFL local guy 478.00 until January. Mark up to mark down is common practice.
    Ask for a price match guarantee. If they sell the gun you buy for less lets say in the next 60days they give you a gift card for the difference. There is always room for wheelin and dealin. Is ganderMountain like Bass pro and cabelas? A big fancy store with lots of cool stuff, laser shooting range,big fish tanks, water falls, cool stuff on the walls? BLA BLA BLA. Its all there to distract you from the huge price tags. Bass pro in massachusetts. all though it was big and had plenty of stuff. I walked out of there emptyhanded. So out of touch with local area prices. <center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center> They had briely chokes at bass pro. Now briely sells direct to me their standard Invectorplus exstended chokes 39.95 bass pro 49.95 + tax. Thats what I paid for the briely Spectrums I have. with no tax and free shipping???? I try always to find someone local I like and treats me fair. They will get my money over the big stores anytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.