1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun sales double under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    70,291,049 Background Checks for Gun Purchases Under Obama<br>
    April 3, 2013<br>
    By Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.<br>
    <br>
    There have been 70,291,049 background checks for gun purchases since President Obama took office, according to data released by the FBI.

In 2009, the FBI conducted 14,033,824 background checks. If we subtract the month of January (Obama did not assume office until the end of the month) we get 12,819,939.

The FBI conducted 14,409,616 background checks in 2010, 16,454,951 in 2011, and 19,592,303 in 2012.

Add to that the first three months of 2013 (2,495,440, 2,309,393 and 2,209,407, respectively) and the total number of background checks under President Obama comes to 70,291,049.

Over the same time period, the number of background checks completed under President George W. Bush was 36,090,415, or about half the number conducted under Obama.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our ruler, and Bill Clinton are the two best gun salesmen we have ever had. They also did it without kickbacks.

3. Brian in Oregon

I hope someone is showing those numbers to Dem leadership.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's the only part of the economy that has grown, under zero the clown.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

This thread is such a waste of bandwidth-- Geez

Gun sales obviously go up and down- and those numbers often are a result of outside factors- such as recent legislation or proposed legislation

Everyone knows this- the cycle has played itself out many times

You are just figuring this out?

Geeez

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Just keep telling yourself that Gene. Explain the empty shelves at gun shops and the (2) runs for ammunition (2008-2009 and 2012-now). The first one had nothing to do with school or theatre shootings. The current one was reinforced by the antics and language of the Dems plus 2.9 billion rounds ordered by Homeland Security for whatever reasons.

An election and the party that won it caused the current situation.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Boy I thought Gene was just being clueless(other posts), now I know he is totally ignorant of the FACTS.

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Come now, Gene......get it together.

I can give you this anecdotal information: I personally know of 14 fellow shooters who had been primarily hunters and clay shooters who have bought MULTIPLE black guns since the left-wing started their anti-gun crusade.

I know of 6 women who never owned guns who have bought handguns....and four of them are registered Democrats.....

Obama's Chicago's "world view" where only gangbangers/drug dealers and cops have guns does not apply to 90% of our country. He has been the best ammo/gun salesman I have seen during my lifetime.

Given the "wilding" incident the other day (I bet 95% of the participants were the children of Obama voters) big cities are not a place to be....I hear Chicago is being renamed: Chicadishu.......in honor of its sister city, Mogadishu......

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The club I belong to has an NRA women on target program. Currently the calendar is booked through Jan 2014. These women are informed and aware that they can't depend on government for personal protection.

Robert

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You are saying that the same thing didnt happen under Clinton?

This cycle will regulate again and those that paid exhorbatant prices are going to be holding stuff that they way overpaid for--

Those that gouged are going to get away with it

Isnt that going to be true?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. Brian in Oregon

The last five months (November through March) have all had over 2,000,000 firearms background checks. Further, they are the ONLY five months in our history to exceed 2,000,000 per month.

These numbers would be significantly higher if demand had not outstripped supply.

For example, Glock is backordered 1.4 million guns. Other manufacturers are backordered similarly.

The link goes to a chart of quarterly background check totals going back to 4th quarter 1998. One glance at the chart will clearly show the increase in background checks is significant and unprecedented.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

So what are you all bitching about? We should see crime go down then, correct?

13. Brian in Oregon

No one is "bitching" about gun sales being up. The point is that the ranks of gun owners are growing by leaps and bounds, clearly showing how unpopular these anti-gun laws are.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gene, You just proved my point. The threat of assault rifle bans cause an explosion of gun sales and millions of new gun owners all while the lib/dems are trying to decrease the gun numbers.

Kind of neat how that happens.

BTW, those new black gun owners only lose money if they re-sell when the prices level out. How many will do that, and how many were willing to take that chance just to own one?

Not everyone is trying to make a profit by selling their gun. Most of those that bought high have no intention of selling low.

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Brian these gun laws may be unpopular but until there is tangible evidence that politicians are being voted out because of unpopular gun laws then nothing will change.These douche bags aren't afraid of losing their jobs.If they are truly unpopular maybe in a twisted way they will be a good thing.Maybe liberal politicians get voted out and the laws repealed.

Darr

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Helps explain why ammo is so hard to come by also. I see a lot of what Bangalore is talking about - people that may have owned a few firearms for hunting but never got into pistols or modern rifles are suddenly lining up to get high cap semi auto pistols and ARs because they fear they won't be able to get them in the near future. This coupled with the fear that massive social breakdown is coming and we have the big run on shooters. Who knows if these are valid reasons but one thing is obvious, it is widespread.

17. Brian in Oregon

darr, quote: <i>"Brian these gun laws may be unpopular but until there is tangible evidence that politicians are being voted out because of unpopular gun laws then nothing will change.These douche bags aren't afraid of losing their jobs.If they are truly unpopular maybe in a twisted way they will be a good thing.Maybe liberal politicians get voted out and the laws repealed."</i>

There is tangible proof. The GOP took over the House after the 1994 Clinton gun ban. Even Slick Willy acknowledged this.

Most Dems have a short memory. That was almost 20 years ago. But Reid and a few others remember. And hopefully a lot of angry gun owners will remember too.

2014 will be the proof in the pudding.

18. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

He is more shrewd than most of us give him credit for. Pinnochio probably has stock in Remington, Ruger. Winchester, Browning, Smith and Wesson etc.

19. Brian in Oregon

Well, trapperwads, while Dems were savaging GW Bush over his oil connections, the liberals and media conveniently overlooked Al Gore's large investments in oil. The same Al Gore who is supposed to be so green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun sales double under obama

have gun sales increased under obama