1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun safes good and cheep ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Spanky2, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanky2

Spanky2 TS Member

Looking for a gun safe for 12 to 15 long guns. what do you think??

2. Spanky2

Spanky2 TS Member

3. southpark

southpark TS Member

The gun safe at Samsclub is the best deal out there for safes of its size. About $600.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Fort Knox are great safes. You can also go to a gunshow and look at them. I now see a number of people who set up the safes to sell them.

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Good and cheap do not go together in that catagory! Ya get what you pay for.

6. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

If you meant cheap, Cabelas offers the Stack On 14 gun cabinet for $289 dollars.

I prefer the Sentry 14 gun safe for $599 dollars.

Berettaman7

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Get the heaviest and most expensive one you can afford. Bolt it to the floor in an area where it's hard to get at with long pry bars.

8. southpark

southpark TS Member

Well go on magnumthunder, I'm sure everyone would like to know the make, model, and where you bought the safe. What gauge steel is it? The Sam's Club safe I have does have a metalic gloss finish.

Obviously you often get more if you pay more, but the original poster wanted "cheep". If that is anything like cheap, I'm sure he wants it to cost as little as possible.

But seriously, give the specs and details of your 10 times better safe.

9. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

The piece of crap at Sams club is made in china, has a rotten cosmoline smell, has no fire resistance and does not have auto-relockers. Auto-relockers work when a thief uses a sledgehammer to bust off the dial. On the sams safe he just has to reach in the door and open it! On a quality safe, when the dial is hit several spring loaded bolts extend locking the door in place. Then it requires a locksmith to open it. Knowing as much as I do about safes, I would not waste any money on a sams safe (Sentry) they are not "safes" at all. Real safes are Liberty, Cannon, etc. To buy anything less is truly penny wise and pound foolish.

10. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Lyberty is what I have, and in my opinon, it is one of the best out there. I am out of room in it, and need to by another safe, and it will also be a Lyberty. Norm

11. southpark

southpark TS Member

WTF is wrong with the hillbillies on this site all the time.

Can't anyone take even a moment to confirm anything before they post?

Jack Daniel professes to be an expert of some sort about safes and is just a liar or an incompetent.

Here is some info on the Winchester safe available inside a Sam's Club that totally contradicts Jack Daniel's ingnorance.

No cosmoline smell.

MADE in the U.S.A. (Texas) by Granite Security.

Fire protection. Can withstand 1200 degree fire for 32 minutes including heat activated expandable door seal.

Group 2 UL listed spy-proof combination lock with TWO RELOCKERS.

Underwriter Labraories Residential Security Container certification.

Of course you could buy a better safe for more money, but I don't know why a jackarse or two on this site needs to LIE about this safe and try to force a poster here to spend more money when he has made clear he is looking for a cheap option.

Anyone who says this safe is crap and worthless after it got UL certification is total dumbass.

Good grief the people on this site sometimes make me worry about the state of the nation.

12. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

Southpark you ass. The safe in question was a Sentry. You can fu**ing read, can't you?

13. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

Southpark, you inbred trailerpark trash talking bottom feeder. You should be the poster boy for birth control. Instead of reading the post and joining in an exchange of ideas or discussion you go off with your name calling and accusations, so right back at you clown.

14. southpark

southpark TS Member

Hey windbag (Jack Daniel), thanks for giving me another opportunity to make you look stupid.

Sam's only sells Sentry safes ONLINE.

AT Sam's, the gun safe available is a Winchester.

I told the guy to get the safe sold at Samsclub.

You talking about the Sentry is just another example of you being a dumb-ass because there they don't sell the Sentry at Sam's Club.

Moreover, Sam's Club doesn't sell a Sentry safe for $600 so anyone paying attention would have realized I wasn't talking about a Sentry.

Some other poster said he liked a Sentry safe, but he didn't mention Sam's Club.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because you had trouble in school with basic reading comprehension skills.

You said:
    "The piece of crap at Sams club is made in china, has a rotten cosmoline smell, has no fire resistance and does not have auto-relockers. Auto-relockers work when a thief uses a sledgehammer to bust off the dial. On the sams safe he just has to reach in the door and open it! On a quality safe, when the dial is hit several spring loaded bolts extend locking the door in place. Then it requires a locksmith to open it. Knowing as much as I do about safes, I would not waste any money on a sams safe (Sentry) they are not "safes" at all."

Thus, YOU interjected yourself into the conversation and shot out a bunch of false and wrong information.

Here is a link to show you the safe sold at Sam's Clubs. http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=189761
    Please note that it is NOT available online -- in store only! Now type "Sentry" into the search box and you'll see that Sentry safes are not available at Sam's Club stores -- online only!

You neither got the manufacturer right nor any of the features.

You have also done a great job of proving yourself a dip$h!t.

Reading your last two posts, when it was YOU, not me, who had trouble "fu**ing" reading and understanding has been especially funny for me.

If it matters, yes, I would tell you to your face that you are a total idiot, potty mouth cry baby, and need an anger management class.

I just hope that others here understand that I normally have nothing against the developmentally disabled like Jack Daniels. I do not normally poke fun at someone just because they rode to school on a small bus. Jack Daniels is a special case because he plays with guns and is generally nasty that I think he deserves to be held to a higher standard than I would normally apply to the mentally handicapped.

15. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

In my opinion the best VALUE is a Canon.

Hubcap

16. teleskier

teleskier Member

I have to give another vote for Liberty. I have the Colonial model. It is a gorgeous well made safe and the price is right.

One thing to take note of on fire rating is something I learned when shopping for a safe. Not all companies conduct fire rating the same way. Some will get a longer fire rating by laying the safe on the floor. The proper way is to obviously keep the safe standing upright which does make a difference.

Mike

17. southpark

southpark TS Member

Magnumthunder, you must have been riding with Jack Daniel on the same bus!

It is a testament to the greatness of America that so many people -- like Magnumthunder -- can be so freaking stupid yet still be able to buy things like safes and guns.

Go click on the link I provided for Sam's Club you imbecile.

Can you read where it says "IN CLUB ONLY"?

Regarding Sentry -- Sam's ONLY SELLS SENTRY GUN SAFES ONLINE! Search their site you idiot.

Now you provide a link to Sam's Club online for the same model Winchester/Granite safe that you can buy online for $600. If you can do that I'll send you $20.00. If not, help yourself to a giant can of "SHUT THE $#@! UP"!

Furthermore, the Winchester safe I bought from Samsclub weighs over 600 pounds, and has a locking spy-proof brass wheel combination lock. As for more bolts, are you kidding me? Do you know anything about breaking into a safe? No one is going to bother prying off the front door of your safe. They are going to cut through the back or sides of the safe which are only 10 or 12 gauge steel and are easy to cut through with a circular saw with a composite metal cutting disk in it. The bolts in the door don't matter for diddly squat in that situation.

I would not be surprised if the fire rating on yours is exagerated and I bet they have the same level of protection -- provided, by the way, by sheets of gypsum board.

So yours is bigger? BFD buddy. It should be if you paid several hundred dollars more and I conceded above that you could get more safe for more money.

BUT THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS LOOKING FOR THE BEST SAFE FOR CHEAP.

Why don't you start your own thread about how much you love your safe?

Did you know there are TL30 x 6 rated safes that make your piece safe look like a light weight piece of $h!t and in that size weigh over 4,000 pounds? Do you even know what a TL30 x 6 rating is?

Does that mean I should put down your safe? No you dimwit, because a much better safe like that costs a lot more.

You come on here bragging about your more expensive safe that is almost identical to one much cheaper and probably for sale at his local Sams Club so he can avoid delivery charges just by asking friends who have a membership card and one with a pickup truck.

You evil twin simpleton JD was a jerk storming this thread trashing the Samsclub safe as cheap chinese junk when he had the wrong safe and was wrong on just about every feature.

This thread isn't about the greatest safe in the world. In that regard, your Liberty model is dog poop compared to a TL30x6 safe. What? That isn't fair because a TL30x6 safe costs more? Exactly my slow witted friend.

Your safe is far from 10x as good. You are just silly and/or stupid.

If you really wanted to help the original poster you and JD could have said "I don't know anything about that safe at Samsclub, but if you don't mind spending a few hundred dollars more, I am really pleased with my safe and here's why."

I let idiot jerks like you two have it all the time on these threads because you do no good for anyone and are probably the sort of people who carry on as jerks because you are too big and scary for anyone to put you in your place so you just keep terrorizing folks with impunity.

The best part for me is that you bullies are usually stupid and keep getting into it with me. I would think that anyone who reads this board regularly would know few ever come out on top getting into it with me. It reminds me of Uncle Remus and the tar baby story.

Moreover, the few times I've been wrong on something I've nutted-up and admitted my mistake and offered to buy the other guy a beer.

You two are a couple of trailer park losers who will never learn class, but if I can embarrass you enough, perhaps you'll learn to be more polite and helpful rather than simply anoying.

18. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

Southpark, your bravado is unwarranted.

First off, the local Sams here in SoCal does sell the sentry safe, that's where I saw it. And in my first post you will see that I used () to specify Sentry so as to not be mistaken.

Second, your big mouth is not appreciated. If you want to meet me and try to spew that childish crap that comes form your mouth face to face, fine. Lets meet and I'll hand you your ass on a silver platter. Let's see if you can back it up or if you're the pussy here. What do you say little boy? I'll risk another trip back to prison if it will plug the pie hole in your face.

19. schimmy

schimmy Member

Does anybody have any experiences with Patriot safes?

20. southpark

southpark TS Member

Well JD, what Samsclub is it? I'll call them and check it out. If it really is a Sentry for $600 and not a Winchester for $600 I'll publicly apologize to you and curse Samsclub's online for misleading me. The Sams in my area all have the Winchester.

Now what do you mean by handing my ass to me? Are you threatening me with violence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.