1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Safe (The Protector)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Was at the local Costco today and see that they have a gun safe called The Protector. Carpeted inside, fire rated, digital lock with key back up, and humidifier pack. $399

Anyone heard of this brand?? I was going to buy a Sentry but now I'm reconsidering.

Chuck

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

never ran across that brand, but remember you get what you pay for-RICK ZINO

3. obfd13

obfd13 Member

Chuck,
    What Costco were you in? The Costco by me had it for $479 last week. If you're looking for fire protection, it's not the safe to buy. It looks like a good value at $399, depending on your needs, considering a little 2.0 cubic foot Sentry goes for the same price.

Scott

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I just finished shopping for a new safe. I now have a 30"x24"x60" Cannon that my son and I have outgrown. We were at the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show on Sunday and looked at Fort Knox, Liberty and Cannon displays. We learned two important things about safes and warranties.

Solid steel plate outer door panels look impressive but act like a hot plate in a fire - they get as hot on the inside as they are on the outside. A composite outer door panel made of two thinner layers of steel that add up to the same thickness as the single plate with insulation board between them passes less heat into the safe.

Almost every safe warranty offers great coverage. But most contain one large loophole - if you have homeowners' insurance that is covering the fire damage to your home, the safe company won't get involved. Who doesn't have homeowners' insurance? Only one of those three companies replaces the safe regardless of the insurance you have.

For what it's worth, both are features of a Cannon safe. And when I went back to the Liberty and Fort Knox reps with that info, both admitted it was true. So yes, I'm buying another Cannon safe.

Ed

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Ed,

Are you interested is selling your old Cannon once you get the new one?

Guy Babin

Westminster, MD

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Guy, I replied to your email.

Ed

7. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Ed, not to step on Guy's reply but I coach a SCTP and we are in desperate need of a Gun Safe. If Guy is not interested maybe you would consider us.

Roger Beardsley
    coach@masondixonclaybusters.com
    masondixonclaybusters.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

costco protector safe

gun safe the protector

the protector gun safe

the protector gun safe costco

the protector safe costco