1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Safe Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by higun, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. higun

higun Member

I’m thinking of getting a gun safe soon and the only place I have for it is in my unheated garage.

I live in the Northeast and over the course of the year will have dramatic swings in temperature and humidity.

I’m told that as long as I have a "golden rod" or equivalent installed I won’t have any problems with rusting.

Does anyone here have any personal experience with a gun safe in an unconditioned space?

2. tbobaa

tbobaa Member

Mine is in garage in illinois only thing i have is a remington mini humidifier model 365 in it. Safe is been in garage 5 years never had a problem.One thing you do have to watch is if you take your gun out of the cold safe and take it somewhere warm real fast you can get sweating.

3. torero

torero TS Member

I've had a safe in the garage 4 years with no problem. I use a can of the Safe Dri desiccant and refresh it every 6 months or so.

As stated above, be careful of a cold firearm sweating if you take it inside.

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun safe in unheated garage northeast