1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Safe Lock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jsa3107, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I need a way to order a new lock for my Sentinel gun safe
    Would anyone know where to order them from
    I did a google search and dont seem to find a web site for the company

Thanks for any help....

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If you can't find a link or contact method to Sentinel, you may have to deal with a local, skilled locksmith or safe sales outfit.....Bob Dodd

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

call 1-800-461-2864 or 972-941-8335 if you live in the Dalls area. They should be able to help or point you in the right direction

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I've replaced a few with the S&G electronic locks. Try Howard Sales.

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

S&G replacement Lock are all over ebay, for around @30.00 I got one there but it did not come with the combination ( But it did come with the combination set key ) usually you need the combination to reset the comb. but I figured out how to do it without the original comb. Not that difficult if you have Half a brain like me. ( well maybe a 1/4 Brain )

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Bob k

How hard is it to change over from the dial combo to the digital lock

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If the original lock is a S&G, then an S&G electronic keypad and lock, will use the exact mounting holes.

I got mine from McMaster-Carr. There a couple hundred dollars.

Doug

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Doug,

yes the original is an S & G so am I to assume that it would be a simple change over by removing the interior door trim and a few screws? By the way Doug - I still want to send the BT99 Max for a reblue and rebuild but I need to know if the gold letters that say BT99Max will be back on it??

9. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

As noted, if the original is a S&G lock, the electronic replacement will generally fit in the same holes. On one safe I changed out, the lock had a spacer piece screwed to the end of the sliding bolt, and this spacer was what blocked the locking bolts in place. That piece was too heavy for the electronic lock to operate. I fashioned a substitute piece out of titanium and screwed it to the end of the bolt, and it has worked fine ever since. Usually the lock is a direct swap.

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I changed my S&G mechanical lock to an S&G electronic lock. It's not hard to do. Make sure you get the relocker set right, you won't get a second chance. My first S&G electronic lock broke with the door open. When I took it apart it it made me nervous to see how they are made. A cheap electric motor and a few flimsy parts make it work. It's not a matter of will it stop working but when.
    My orginal lock was destroyed when a kid burglar tried to open it with a 45acp, so I couldn't re-use it.. He had probably seen too many cowboy movies. I couldn't get a mechanical lock quick so I bought another electronic lock. That's been 7 or 8 years ago. The electronic locks are easy and quick to use but the mechanical lock will be more durable. There are a lot of mechanical locks around cheap because of people swaping them out for the electric locks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sentinel 24gun safe key pad problems