1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Safe Carousel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FalconSprint, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Im looking for something that will hold 18-20 long guns, that fits inside the safe, and spins around. Anybody know of a company that makes something like this? The gun I want always seems to be in the very back of the safe these days.

2. andybull

andybull Active Member

I thought it would be a great idea until I started asking around. Click on the address above.

Good luck,

Andy.

3. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Thanks Andy, the video looks like it works well. I'm gonna call the number tomorrow.

4. furface

furface Member

I have one in my corner safe and it's a pain in the b--. It's has shelving around the turn table & in all reality the amount of guns is about 60%. Hope this helps. Joe

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I bought two of the ones above. I put one in the safe but took it out, wasted more space than it was worth. The spaces are too close together to put anything next to a bolt action or semiauto unless you remove the bolt and/or charging handle.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I built my own. Picked up a lazy susan bearing base at the local hardware. Cut the gun holders from 3/4" plywood. Lined the cuts with stick-on felt where the holder touches the stock. Used black pipe and floor flanges to mount the gun holders to. I ran a smaller piece of pipe into the top and secured it to the shelf above for added stability. I made mind with the muzzles pointing down so any bore oil/solvent will not run down into the stock.

Jim Skeel

7. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Thanks all for your information. I called the place today, and there is a catch to the product. First off a 16 gun rack won't hold 16 guns with scopes, only 8. If you stagger them back and forth, say a bolt gun then a single barrel shot gun, you may get 14 in the rack. But the bolts may have to be removed. And it won't work one barrel up and the next barrel down cause the stock won't fit in the barrel notch/holder. I'm just going to buy another safe, so I can buy more guns. It never ends, does it?

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jim, how about posting a picture of yours ( I can do it for you if you needme too

9. hmarlowe

hmarlowe TS Member

Jim, I would appreciate a picture of yours also. Thanks

10. hmarlowe

hmarlowe TS Member

Jim, I would appreciate a picture of yours also. Thanks

11. skeeljc

Here are some photos of my carousel.

Jim Skeel
    <a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=DSCN0014.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=DSCN0015.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=DSCN0016.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

12. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

check the internet when I was at the shot show in orlando there was a compeny comeing out with a safe like your looking for. BIG BUCKS

13. Wood Duck

Wood Duck Member

I really like this concept. I believe I can count 16 gun spots,What is the diameter of the carousel?
    What safe is that? Liberty?
    Mike Pruett

14. skeeljc

The carousel is 18" in diameter. It holds 14 guns.

I built the gunsafe (copy of a Browning). It's 36" wide, 24" deep and 72" high. It weighs 1000 lbs. without the interior.

Jim Skeel