1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun / Reloading room

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by headhunter, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I am in the process of making a dedicated room for reloading and gun room. I know there are a lot of experienced guys here. How about some tips and ideas for designing it. Pictures would be helpful. Show off your "Man Room"
    Thanks for your ideas

2. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

My wife a few years ago put together a man room for me,while i was at work. Gun cabinets, dead animals on the wall, vintage gun art, computer, all my hunting gear in the closet. It was truly my man cave. But the reloading stuff is in the basemnet of house because of all the clutter that goes with it

3. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"My wife a few years ago put together a man room for me,while i was at work... "</blockquote>

I'm always amused by the difference in the way men and women view the same project...

HE is thrilled because it appears that his wife has been so thoughtful as to assemble a special place for him and all the things that represent his passions.

SHE, on the other hand, is probably more thrilled at having finally found a way to collect all his clutter from around the house and sequester it in one place where her friends and other visitors won't have to be surrounded by it when they visit and where she won't have to spend hours dusting dusty heads and such... sort of like a closet he enjoys locking himself in.

Sorry this doesn't address YOUR problem of how to gather clutter in one place, but I find the whole process amusing.

Carol Lister

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Move a couple of the reloading machines into the bedroom. That way when you wake up in the middle of the night too pee you can get some shells reloaded too.

If the wife complains about it, tell her you just wanted to spend some quality time with her.

What do you think Carol? HMB

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

It works for me... especially if that's the ONLY kind of quality time he's expecting!

Lister

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Do a search. There is a number of threads that address this issue.

7. msmith

msmith Member

I had a nice spare room in my house. It was behind the garage and never heated up past 55 degrees in the winter. When my wife and I purchased the house, this room was ugly and cold. It had 1960s flower power wall paper etc. Perfect for the beginning of a gun room. I stripped the wall paper and painted, put my safe ,reloading bench and a deer head. Nice room except the heat bit, but I could live with that. I also re-did another room in the house. While looking for a gas fireplace for the other room I found a small corner fireplace unit that would be perfect for my gun room. After I installed the fireplace it was the perfect man cave. Even my dog would lay in front of the fireplace. Life was good. Very good. I guess I spent too much time in that room with my dog. After about 3 weeks of heaven, my wife thought my room would be a nice study/ computer room for our children. I tried to win this one but instead I had to start all over again, in the basement. This room is nice but it is not the room with the fireplace. One thing that is nice with the new room my wife did not care too much on cost. So I built a new room in the basement. It s dry walled off with a locking door. I was able to buy a new larger safe, add some wild life prints, have oak base cabinets (perfect for storage) with a formica top that my reloaders set on. I also added another deer head some antlers and 2 pheasants for the walls. Good luck on your room. Mike

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

hmb If you put the loader in the bathroom now you have the answer (the two birds one stone thing )

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Don't forget the kegerator!

10. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

CAROL- i know she wanted all my crap in one place, but the way she put it all together was cool,and tastefull. Perry

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Start with a good, heavy, big bench. Mine is 30" deep, 10' long, and has 3/8 plate steel on top. Drill and tap for your loaders etc. You need a cabinet or two for storage, a TV, a radio, some carpet, good lighting, a small fridge, oh yeah, on top of the bench in the back, make shelves out of 1x6's, four layers the length of the bench for more storage. Don't forget the lazy boy to rest in. My loading chair swivels, adjusts up and down, and has a back, very comfy. That should get you started. Go BIG to start with or you will wish you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

safes in reloading room