1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun receiver metal plating ?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by vdt, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

try D & B 22803 Patmore Clinton Twp.Mi.48036 586-469-2019 tell them Bubba sent you,they just finished doing my gun can out pretty nice

2. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

3. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

4. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have use metalife on several guns including Krieghoff's, Remington's and several Browning's on long guns and several pistols. All work was completed in a reasonable time and the finish is verry durable. Ronnie

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've used BlackCote near Liverpool, PA (Perry County) with very good results - fast turnaround and fair prices. Nose around their website and then tell Bob I sent you when you call.

Ed

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Mahovsky's metal life, Ya I was going to use them on a project gun a few years ago. I tried several times to contact them via email and phone. I never got a responce, so I never sent them anything to do.

I never send work to anyone that won't talk to me first. Way too many hurt feelings over mis comunication.

ss

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

EABCO.com in Minnesota does a nice job with their "French Gray" plating.

AndyH ;-)

French Gray Nickel Plating is soft looking, hard gray-metal finish which is superior to stainless steel in its corrosion resistance, wear ability, and operational "slickness". We prepare the exterior metal surface by blasting with a blend of very fine aluminum oxide and glass bead media. This base surface preparation is actually what causes the deep "French Gray" look after plating is complete. The actual French Gray surface is a two-part metal plating process that bonds to steel at the molecular level. The result is a hermetic seal that protects against corrosion while beautifying the firearm it’s applied to. We’ve done our French Gray Finish on all types of firearms from handguns to long guns. You can have it done all over or two-tone blue/gray!
    ORDER 714-100 Fr. Gray Finish Encore Frame $75
    ORDER 714-101 Fr. Gray Contender Frame $75*
    * On Contenders, we leave the hammer and trigger blue.
    ORDER 714-102 Fr. Gray Fin. T/C Barrel $75
    ORDER 714-103 Fr. Gray Finish EABCO M97D Rifle Receiver $125
    ORDER 714-104 Fr. Gray Fin. EABCO BF Pistol Receiver $125
    ORDER 714-105 Fr. Gray Revolver/Auto Pistol $175*
    ORDER 714-106 Fr. Gray Fin. Rifle or Shotgun $175*
    * NOTE: There may be additional charges on general long gun or handgun finishing depending the make or model. We will inspect your gun when you send it in and if additional charges are in order, we'll contact you for approval before proceeding.

8. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

9. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

One more time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.