1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun prosecutions under Obama down over 40 percent

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Joe Potosky, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Despite his calls for greater gun control, including a new assault weapons ban that extends to handguns, President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws, cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.

"If you are not going to enforce the laws on the books, then don't start talking about a whole new wave of new laws," said a gun rights advocate.

In the wake of the horrific mass killing at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., Democratic lawmakers have begun preparing a new collection of anti-gun laws, including renewing the assault weapons ban, banning the purchase of high-capacity clips that spring bullets into guns, and tightening rules on who can buy weapons.

Lawmakers are banking that the public will push for new gun controls. But as with other mass shootings, polls find the public split, and blaming the shooter, not the gun. Pew Research Center for the People & the Press on Monday found that public is evenly divided over whether the Newtown shootings reflect broader problems in American society, 47 percent, or are just the acts of troubled individuals, 44 percent.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/gun-prosecutions-under-obama-down-over-40-percent-percent/article/2516175#.UM-Pn5oo5QK

2. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Holder is the reason for this, plain and simple.

That is all I will say about it because to write what I think beyond this, would get me banned from here.

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

If the government stops guns in the public how will the public protect itself from foreigners? Will removal of guns in the public increase the desires of the foreigners to take over the US population?

Foreigners are afraid to attack the US on our soil.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So riddle me this....

The Sandy Hook shooter allegedly tried to buy a rifle a few days ago using his brother's ID, at a Dick's stores. He was caught and the sale was denied.

This is a crime.

Did the police drop the ball on arresting him?

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sigh...obviously you antediluvian rightwing cretins support stocking up the jails with even more underprivileged youths...I don't know why I even bother talking to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.