1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Point

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

How far is the shot still rising when shooting 90/10? If you was the third shooter in an Annie Oakley from 27 yards would you shoot right at it, above it or below it?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

If you are shooting 90/10, you are under the bird while it is rising. As it flattens out, you need to be further under it, and as it falls, you need to be even further under it. I like a flatter shooting gun for back fence games. Mark

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

This is subjective. Is the target still rising, if so how fast, if it's flattened or flatting out is it dying and loosing altitude. If the target is rising and is a true 90/10 poi I would shoot under as the shot cloud is still rising and will climb into the target assuming you have follow through and are not poking or spot shooting and keeping your head down (number one sin shooting Annies, not keeping head down).

To be successful shooting Annies, you're going to have to learn by doing and really learn where your gun shoots byond normal ATA targets because how you look and see the target, move your gun is germane to you alone, no one else knows what you're seeing or how you move to the target. Your pals may stand behind you and swear your over or under or in front or behind but many times they're wrong.

There are many pot shooters who shoot 100% or higher poi's and do very well. I would suggest you and a pal go to the trap and you shoot letting the targets fly as far as they go befor dropping and shoot them with different approaches high, low etc. to dial in your poa.

I'm certain others have their suggestions and will ring in, have fun.

Surfer

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Don't get too crazy, guys - even at 60 yards, 7-1/2 shot launched at 1300FPS only drops about 9".

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.