1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun owners target anti-gunner Orin Hatch

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A lot of gun owners are totally fed up with anti-gun RINOs.

Pity those voting for Romney have not figured this out.

Gun banning RINOs are a cancer on the Republican Party and need to be excised. Pity harsh treatments the equivalent of chemo and radiation have to be resorted to, but there is no other way to get rid of them. And they won't convert, they just keep banning guns.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

That's the kind of thinking that gave us a Democratic Senate.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The media and libs think the tea party mentality is dead. We'll find out in November. Could you imagine a tea party led Senate?

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

skeeter,,,,do you have a clue about politics,,,,,tell us what gave us a House majority,,,,,,,btw,,,,where is that whites only gun club?????

It seems that the rinos think that the Tea Party voters were voting for them,,,,we WEREN'T,,,,we were voting for constitutionalists and CONSERVATIVES,,,,,if the rinos don't or can't comprehend that,,,,they will be primaried out as there is currently talk of doing that to Boehner from his weak "leadership",,,,,Most of the problem came when Bush touted himself as a conservative and in his second term,,,,acted as a moderate on everything except the war,,,,,America can't have a wishy-washy leader,,,,which is what happens when a R tries to appease or reach across the aisle......

5. Brian in Oregon

<i>"That's the kind of thinking that gave us a Democratic Senate."</i>

As far as the Second Amendment goes, there was no difference between a gun banning RINO and a liberal, so no gain, no loss.

6. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Mrs. Keet, your the type of person that gave us a Democratic Senate. Pity your still here.

Osker

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Ahhh, you might want to look at the general public approval rating of Congress. All of those seats are up for election in November. So we will see.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Brian,

When the Dems (liberals) have all the commitee chairmenships you will sing another tune. It was a Dem Senate that gave us Supreme Court Justices like Sotomayor and Kagan. If they gat a majority on the Court, they will simply outlaw guns and the Court will concur.

Birdogs

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Ahhhh, all seats in Congress aren't up for election this year according to the Constitution.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

John Galt,

I did not say they were nor did my post imply that. However, majority status is at stake in both houses in 2012. That means control over the legislative agenda and control of committees through chairmenships. This is a critical matter since several Supreme Court justices may retire soon. A number of them are getting old and Ginsberg is ill.

Birdogs

11. Brian in Oregon

What makes anyone think Romney is going to nominate anyone friendly to the Second Amendment to the Supreme Court? If you REALLY cared about this you would realize that he nominated Democrats for judicial appointments in Massachusetts 75% of the time. If you REALLY cared about this you'd be supporting a pro-gun Republican for the presidential nomination. What you are doing is highly hypocritical and indeed delusional.

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

bird, no you didn't and I never said you did. Suggest you read the post before yours.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Can you post a reference to the Constitution.

Update: Meant to say all seats in the House. It looks like there will be 33 in the Senate.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

google "US constitution"- it's not difficult.

15. Calcutta John

Calcutta John TS Member

I hope a tea party candidate beats Hatch in the primary. If that occurs I would hope that the republican party would support that senate candidate.
    However, if Hatch wins I would think that he would be a far better candidate
    than the democratic candidate. The same rational should be applied in the presidential primary. If we don't support the winner of the primary-be it Paul or Romney, then we will be assured of having Obama re-elected. God save America.

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Here in Indiana we need all the help we can get to defeat the RINO Dick Lugar in the primary too. He is lukewarm at best on gun rights. Time to go Dick.

17. Brian in Oregon

John, the problem with the GOP embracing anti-gun RINOs is that some Dems have figured out that if they support the Second Amendment they start leveling the playing field. So far they've been few and far between, but there are enough seeing how anti-gun positions have hurt the Dems as well as some RINOs. The GOP needs to get a handle on this or they are going to find pro-gun Dems eating their lunch. It was interesting the see the NRA actually endorsed a couple of Dems over Republicans in recent elections due to their Second Amendment stance.

18. Calcutta John

Calcutta John TS Member

Brian-I agree with a lot of your thoughts. I'm stating that I would gladly support any conservative candidate against a rino in a primary contest. However, if the rino survives I think it only in our best interests. to support said rino over a democrat. Plan to come to the Inland Empire Handicap in May at Spokane Gun Club and I will buy you a beer and continue this discourse. God protect America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.