1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun owners DO NOT USE ebay!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by derbyacresbob, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

As of August,13th, 2007 ebay says that any part or accessory that is required for a gun to fire will noy be permitted. It includes a bunch of stuff including, barrels, choke tubes, bullets, casings and shells. Gun owners please cancel your ebay accounts. I just closed my ebay and PayPal accounts to let them know how I feel about their new policy. THANKS, Bob Morris

2. C H S

C H S TS Member

I haven't seen any kind of list from the ebay people as to exactly what they consider to be "required for a gun to fire". All I've read is a lot of idle speculation.

Accounts are coming and going at ebay constantly and that activity is all handled by computer. I doubt that anyone sitting at a desk is gonna be saying, "Oh, look at all the cancellations. Whatever will we do?"

Just let it go!

Andy

3. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Bob,

I use Ebay for a great many other things in my life, and would not care to cancel my account. If they don't wish to sell anything gun related that is their preogative. Choosing not to deal with them is yours. Other enterprising sites will take up the slack and get bigger. I obviously don't agree with their decision but I don't own the site.

all the best,
    john

4. mr. listo

mr. listo Member

John, what other sites are available?

Thanks,

Harry

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Maybe Guns America or Gun Broker will get involved and take up the slack.

6. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Harry,

There are many but not as well known as ebay. auctionarms, gunbroker, gunsamerica, shotgunworld classifieds, craigslist, TS.com forum, and many other sites have classifieds that service gun owners. This is a big opportunity for a site like gunbroker, a site that functions and looks like ebay to make money. If ebay doesn't want it somebody else will gladly take it.

Garg,

Thank you, as always for your valued opinion.

BTW, How many of you own mutual funds that have shares of ebay. You're an owner and voting shareholder(albeit indirectly in a mutual fund).

all the best,
    john

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Sorry I just tryed to click back and did not mean to click on delete. Sorry for the deletion.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Tailbuster, those site are fine if you wish to waste your time. Graigslist was OK but did not have much in the way of gun parts. ShotgunWorld was a big joke. Their listing was nothing but factory people. None was from people who had a part for sale. Ebay was a person who was cleaning out his closet or work space.
    As I said before you people who are siding with Ebay BAAAH BAAAH you afre sheep being lead to the butcher shop. Soon you will be crying that you can't find this or that and or that cost to much from the factory.

9. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Since Guns America FUBAR'd their site by going to the new format, I think Gunbroker is a better austion site. To outright sell something gun related, TS.com and the people who buy and sell here are hard to beat.

10. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Garg,

If I have to hold your hand and help you, I will be glad to. Go to Shotgunworld forum classified section. Go down past the gun types (pumps, auto's etc and you will see and area for gun parts and related). There are sellers and people wanting items there. Gunbroker has an area specifically for parts etc.

Now, these sites may not be utilyzed as much as they could be because ebay had the market. But, you have to realize what they can become, not what they are now. What's wrong with the way selling is done here. I have bought a gun here and hulls with very nice experiences. The internet is too vast to think that it will ever be constrained by one company such as ebay. baaahhh.

john

11. 100straight

100straight Member

Advice from Andy...... "Just let it go!"

This is what shooters have been doing for the last 75 years, and look how much progress we have made! Just consider how many more gun rights we have today, as compared to the past, and I can see why someone would suggest that we all just ignore anything that negatively impacts our sport. I mean, in the end they can't do anything to us, right??? After all, we have the 2nd Amendment.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

12. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

While ebay is run by liberal nitwits, as is Google and several other Silicon Valley wonders, it does have a right to conduct its business how it wants to. We have a right to use it or not.

13. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I very curious, what the hell did you guys do before Ebay? I have never bought or sold anything there and don't intend to. I don't give a flying screw what they do. Richard

14. goldengirl

goldengirl TS Member

BLKLAB that could be because you dont know how or just a way behind the time. I will keep using ebay and just got my new paypal card

15. C H S

C H S TS Member

Mark,

It all comes down to knowing when it makes sense to make a fuss and when you're just pissin' into the wind. As has been said, ebay can make any rules they want to regarding how they run their business. If they were one bit concerned about the accounts they might lose by changing their gun parts restrictions, it would have been reflected in their decision. Right now, they're more concerned about their worldwide image than they are about that small segment of their listings. Getting your panties all in a wad and attacking them is NOT going to make them change their minds. Maybe it will make you feel better, but they have already decided that they don't want your business any more. Publicly hating them for it is not going to make them want you back.

Andy

16. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I'm with Derby Acres Bob. I'm done with e-bay and pay pal. If we shooters and gun folks use other on line sites (shotgun world, gunbroker, trapshooters.com, even craigslist) maybe things would take off. E-bay was getting expensive, anyway. ok, I'll start it off. I'm in the market for the old style Woolrich parka (Pennsylvania Tuxedo), size 46, in decent shape. Send me an e-mail and pics if you have one. Thanks.
    Dave Weaverling

17. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I have been registered on Ebay from 3 weeks after the company started. I have got no word that they are doing anything like this. Where do you guys get the stuff your smoking?

18. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

I got the word about ebay's new policy from Shotgun World. When I complained to ebay about it, they pretty much said they want to make rules for firearm related stuff more like some other countrys have. They sent me a list of all the stuff that they are stopping us from buying or selling starting on August 13th. I will miss buying and selling on ebay but I don't believe what they are doing is right or fare to gun owners.

19. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Email kelley@ebay.com she is one of the people who is in charge of security. WHAT THE HELL send an email it will not hurt.

20. C H S

C H S TS Member

gasman03,

Read the thread at the link above then sign into "My Ebay" in your account, open "My Messages" (left sidebar), expand the list of "General Ebay Announcements" and look under July 30, 2007.

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.