1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Mounts?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadeyedukewannabe, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeyedukewannabe

deadeyedukewannabe TS Member

Are gun mounts a mandatory, necessary, or recommended habit by most trap shooters?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I would think it would help . I use a 5# weight year around and can tell a big difference if I don,t .

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

? do you mean on the line?

4. deadeyedukewannabe

I mean, like a daily practice. Some people I know will do 75-100 gun mounts a day. Not on the line, but at home in spare time and such.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

absolutely, If you go to the gym. Use the cable set up on the floor. with long straight bar works great, hold bar like gun and do some mounts/reps. Also do both sides. Home I do practice mounting my gun, not so much for muscle conditioning, just to get a consistant mount. any work out routine will help. I have found yoga to be one of the best.

6. deadeyedukewannabe

Wow, never heard of yoga, but I lift weights all the time. Haven't quite got into the habit of doing gun mounts though...

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

yeah, I was a bit hessitant at 1st. I will tell ya, you think you are strong by lifting weights, yoga especially more advanced work outs will test your overall condition.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I usually mount my gun just before I shoot, seems I can hit 'em better that way than if I just shoot from the hip..........

John C. Saubak

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I do at least 100 a day using a Terry Jordan wall chart. Definitely helps create a smooth swing! AndyH

10. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Correct shooting form includes correct and consistent gun mounts. A correct form promotes smooth, accurate swings and keeps the head in place on the stock for more accurate shooting.

To mount your gun consistently requires practice. Even small variations will affect your shooting from one shot to the next.

Rollin

11. deadeyedukewannabe

Thanks you guys, those posts have been helpful.

~deadeyedukewannabe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.